For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
Ihmhi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Need an Engineer here!

Post by Ihmhi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:52 am

I'm on Dog's server (ending in .131) and I know my way inside and out of damn near everything in Minecraft.

I'm quite well versed in redstone electronics and other forms of engineering. Want to have a bridge that collapses on your command? It can be done (with and without TNT). Want to litter your front yard with more deadly traps than an Eastern European minefield? Done! Want to make your house slightly more modern with amenities such as automatic doors, window shutters, and a mailbox? Done and done. Your own personal corsair with working cannons? Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.

You want it, I can build it. I'll survey for free. Anything involving the skybridge (i.e. bringing it to your home, or adding a connection, etc.) is usually free as well, but I don't like to use my own materials. (I've already put a few thousand stone, wood, and glass into it as is - plus all the work.) Actual construction is, of course, for a price which can be negotiated. I'm open to bartering as well, of course.

Whether you want something good looking, practical, deadly, or all three, I'm your man. :dance:

Post requests, questions, comments, etc. here. You can also hit me up in-game or via Steam. I'm perfectly fine with keeping things secret. (If you wanted me to engineer a vault for you I can imagine that you wouldn't want people to find it.) In cases such as this, I'll usually not post pictures at all.

Lastly, I reserve the right to use pictures of anything I've done in any fashion - more than likely to show off my work here to other Villuns.

I'll pay 1 Refined for A Distinctive Lack of Hue and 1 Reclaimed for Mann Co. Orange (All outta items for this week~ :< )

My TF2 Backpack

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Need an Engineer here!

Post by BigBiker05 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:01 am

I want a jaw bridge that can both collapse and rebuild by itself.

Ihmhi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Re: Need an Engineer here!

Post by Ihmhi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:42 am

Hm...

Well, the collapse part can be done, easily. The "putting it back together" part is significantly more difficult, but it can indeed be done.

Here's the thing; it can only be done a certain number of times. You can get blocks to move or be destroyed, but there's no real way to have them automatically go back. I have an idea wherein you could collapse the bridge and then have it repaired on command, but once the collapse/repair cycle completes you'd have to clean up and do some filling. In essence you would get one total collapse out of it and then one total repair out of it, at which point you would have to reset the entire mechanism.

Beyond that, it's hard to explain without showing you. I'm in game right now if you want to talk. Remember though, I'm only on .131 right now.

I'll pay 1 Refined for A Distinctive Lack of Hue and 1 Reclaimed for Mann Co. Orange (All outta items for this week~ :< )

My TF2 Backpack