belak
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Getting Started in on the Survival Server

Post by belak » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:45 am

I haven't been on in a few years (apart from the few times I've signed on over the past few weeks) and I was wondering if anyone had any tips. I managed to get myself completely lost in the nether cart system and am just looking for a place I can start building.

Also, I know food is relatively hard to get when you're just starting out... are the chests by the spawn fair game, within reason, or how do those work?

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Getting Started in on the Survival Server

Post by Flash » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:59 am

Use the map if you're looking for a place to settle.

Yes the food at spawn can be taken in moderate quantities. So can items in the warehouse on the hill. There is a small farm in town as well, feel free to take anything you harvest from the farm as long as you replant afterwards.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:02 am

There are a variety of farms around spawn to get food from. Most of the chests there are fair game within reason. The Googlemap should be in tthe process of being updated. It is the best way of seeing where the open space is.

If you need any help jus ask.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:34 am

We are overflowing with cooked chicken at spawn thanks to the automatic farm. So please take as much as you want. :)

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:48 pm

If you need help getting found please let us know, were always glad to help !

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:59 am

If you're still lost somewhere out in the nether system and haven't a clue where you are, surface from any portal and check your location. If you select the option on the map Flash linked to show nether portals, you can mouse over them and it will tell you their location. That will allow you to figure out which one you're at, and you can orient yourself to the world from there.

Personally, I suggest not using the nether transport system the first time you go out looking for a place. Find an area on the map that is clear of other people and that you're interested in, and head out on foot. It's valuable to learn the lay of the land and get a sense of distances, biomes, and resources on the way. Our main rule of thumb for construction is that you should only build in a place where you can't see somebody's else's work with your render distance maxed out (unless you got permission previously). This creates sufficient separation for everybody to create the projects they want without inadvertently causing arguments.
-Boss Llama

kkpyro
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by kkpyro » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:47 am

Welcome!
If you don't already have it, download Team Speak and join us there as we play Minecraft. It's always lots of fun. And as JD and Stevo say.."Pants are optional" :icon_lol2:

Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire
The Ville Cup 2012- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Dustbowl loves Warpath 2013-CDi
The Ville Cup 2013- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tater Tots
The Ville Cup 2014- <gTa> Goat Theft Anonymous

LadeeeDuke
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LadeeeDuke » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:42 am

kkpyro wrote:Welcome!
If you don't already have it, download Team Speak and join us there as we play Minecraft. It's always lots of fun. And as JD and Stevo say.."Pants are optional" :icon_lol2:

"Put your shirt back on!" (Love that ad.)

Anyhow, Belak, if you need any help, please let me know. Everyone on the server is very community oriented and we try to help each other out getting started or with projects, etc. All you have to do is ask. Also, everything at spawn is considered community property and open for the taking, within reason. However, we try to restock whatever we take when ever possible. I also make a point of bringing overflow items from my place to spawn or to the =USV= bases. Most of the players that are on tend to do the same once they begin to be established more.