Movie Reviews Ville Style

If your post doesn't fit any other boards subject, then post it here
Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Movie Reviews Ville Style

Post by Nuckin » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:37 pm

I was thinking about posting this earlier today, and just saw a request for it.. Post your movie reviews here! :D
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Just watched a really weird really creepy movie last night. It's called "Sight" About this guy who sees dead people/zombie things. The thing I liked about it was, it's full of all these weird looking scenes, in regards to exposure and contrast etc. I tought it was a nice change of pace. The acting was only OK, the story was decent. It kept my attention though out the movie. All in all it was a good movie for being obviously lower budget.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sight_(2008_film)

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:25 pm

[quote="l3eeron";p="99433"]Just watched a really weird really creepy movie last night...All in all it was a good movie for being obviously lower budget.
[/quote]

I got one for ya. "Teeth". My fiancee and I watched it last night. It reminded me of the Troma films of the 80s (i.e. Toxic Avenger, Surf Nazis Must Die etc.) She picked it out! It's hilarious...in a vile and twisted kind of way. :twisted:
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Re: Movie Reviews Ville Style

Post by Nuckin » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:49 pm

Both sound interesting, I will check em out :)
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:55 pm

[quote="DeafOfficeWorker";p="99440"][quote="l3eeron";p="99433"]Just watched a really weird really creepy movie last night...All in all it was a good movie for being obviously lower budget.
[/quote]

I got one for ya. "Teeth". My fiancee and I watched it last night. It reminded me of the Troma films of the 80s (i.e. Toxic Avenger, Surf Nazis Must Die etc.) She picked it out! It's hilarious...in a vile and twisted kind of way. :twisted:[/quote]

oh man is that the master of horrors one i'm thinking of... souned painful
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

LadeeeDuke
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LadeeeDuke » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:31 pm

Iron Man . . . . .
Two Needle Guns Up . . . . I loved it!
Pros:
Good Action
Catchy Phrases
Humourous
Very Little Foul Language
Cons:
Don't really want to watch the pole dancing or some other chicks backside. But, it builds his character's persona and mentality.
Some Intense Violence not suitable to young crowds.
Could be a family film if you aren't as much of a strict parent as Duke and I.

FUSE
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by FUSE » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:56 pm

I saw JUNO last week and I thought it was pretty good. It's a very funny movie and keeps you entertained throughout. I'm sure most of you have heard of it but in case you haven't:

It's basically a story about a girl in high school who gets pregnant and it takes you through the four seasons from when the child is conceived until it's born and how Juno deals with being pregnant and all that stuff.

It was actually a really funny and entertaining film, and I think that the main moral or take-away message from the film is that you shouldn't take life TOO seriously and by sort of going with the flow you'll be a much happier person.

So yeah I thought it was a good one :)

MISTER FUSSY -V$-

''But we can perhaps remember...that those who live with us are our brothers; that they share with us the same short moment of life.'' -RFK

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:04 pm

I really enjoyed the new Indiana Jones movie, but it would've had to been horrible for me not to.

If anyone is an environmentalist, "The Last Winter" will likely suit. AND, it has Ron Perlman.

This movie is rated R. The trailer below has some language.

[flash width=425 height=355]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/mY_BXNvbr8E[/flash]
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:39 pm

Dont Mess with the Zohan now stands as the funniest movie I have ever seen. Me, along with everyone else in the theater last night laughed atleast 80% of the roughly 2 hours it took up.

Many movies that you find funny you will laugh for maybe 40% or less at best, this one will far exceed that.

A DEFINITE MUST SEE!!!!
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:25 am

[quote="FUSE";p="99489"]I saw JUNO last week and I thought it was pretty good. It's a very funny movie and keeps you entertained throughout. I'm sure most of you have heard of it but in case you haven't:

It's basically a story about a girl in high school who gets pregnant and it takes you through the four seasons from when the child is conceived until it's born and how Juno deals with being pregnant and all that stuff.

It was actually a really funny and entertaining film, and I think that the main moral or take-away message from the film is that you shouldn't take life TOO seriously and by sort of going with the flow you'll be a much happier person.

So yeah I thought it was a good one :)[/quote]

I agree Juno was pretty funneh :)
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:52 am

I watched another "scary" movie last night with my girl friend...

This one was called Sickhouse. I'm a hard critic about "movie-logic" (or lack there of). In this movie, there were a few parts that just made no sense and they didn't offer any explanation. This archeologists is digging a site that used to be an orphanage. During "the plague" (they never tell which plague) doctors were supposed to be comforting these kids as they died, but instead they were murdering and torturing them. The evil spirits have their way with the poor folks that wonder into the condemned building. :roll: some really gruesome scenes, if you're into that. I'd score the movie a C+, due to lack of supporting details.

Torven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Torven » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:38 am

[quote="l3eeron";p="99599"]I watched another "scary" movie last night with my girl friend...

This one was called Sickhouse. I'm a hard critic about "movie-logic" (or lack there of). In this movie, there were a few parts that just made no sense and they didn't offer any explanation. This archeologists is digging a site that used to be an orphanage. During "the plague" (they never tell which plague) doctors were supposed to be comforting these kids as they died, but instead they were murdering and torturing them. The evil spirits have their way with the poor folks that wonder into the condemned building. :roll: some really gruesome scenes, if you're into that. I'd score the movie a C+, due to lack of supporting details.[/quote]

It's a British film, so if the orphanage is post Renaissance (i.e. post Black Death), they are probably talking about the 1665 London Plague.
'You might not have the intelligent to find it so i'll queto it for you' - Some guy trying to insult me on the Steam boards

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:39 am

That would make sense, they called the doctors "Black Priests"

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:40 pm

psst!!! Go see Zohan!
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:46 pm

[quote="MrBlah";p="99496"]Dont Mess with the Zohan now stands as the funniest movie I have ever seen. Me, along with everyone else in the theater last night laughed atleast 80% of the roughly 2 hours it took up.

Many movies that you find funny you will laugh for maybe 40% or less at best, this one will far exceed that.

A DEFINITE MUST SEE!!!![/quote]

Looks funny, I will take your word and see it :)
[Teamwork Respect Fun]