Fox_Blaze
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

FoxBlaze Shares Her Art With Everyone

Post by Fox_Blaze » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:38 pm

I have posted a similar topic in the Common Room where guilded members go, but I thought that I would start anew in a topic here! Pardon if this would be the wrong section in advance, but I thought I would share what I have been doing probably a little more often than gaming here at TheVille! :lol:

I have been an artist for longer than I was a gamer here, but my skill and style haven't really started developing until about early 2011 I'd like to say. 2012 has been a slow year for me art wise but I have improved a lot in the past year! There are still a few areas I really lack and need to improve in, but when I go to college here in the Spring I am hoping I can reteach myself a few essentials of art like how anatomy works without relying on pose references as heavily as I am.
However much I still need to improve as a learned artist, my style has started to take the semi-realistic turn that I had been hoping it would this year and I am slowly taking this style and refining a bit.

Now for the sharing bit!
(Spoilered for large images)
VIEW CONTENT:
-Two individual pictures of a couple of my characters. Lately I have been thinking of them a lot because I wanted to expand on the woman's (Mary) life story, and her relationship with the man (Gavin) is a source for a lot of her wisdom and perseverance through becoming a widow after he is killed in WW2. What better way than to draw much more uplifting pictures of them in the better days? I'm proud of how these two came out because I am NOT well greased in painting backgrounds. Much improvement will be had in the future as I learn new skills in painting things like grass, wood, and dirt.
VIEW CONTENT:
-I tried a weird style out and it didn't quite work they way i wanted it to, but it was worth a shot!

You can see more of my art at verdantautumn.deviantart.com although there's not a whole lot more than what i've already share that demonstrates my recent style shift. If you want to see my older stuff to see how ive really improved go ahead! It's why I post the link there in the first place.
Thanks Nerevarine King for the banner!
TVC '10-Hale's Angels (3rd place)
TVC '11-League of Evil Villuns (2nd place)[/spoiler]