L4D2 achievements

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
ShadyJane
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

L4D2 achievements

Post by ShadyJane » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:24 pm

I’ll keep this brief. I’m interested in getting the two L4D2 achievements that require expert difficulty (all campaigns, and any one expert campaign with realism activated). This is not something I want to pug. Also, if anyone has completed “The Real Deal” (expert/realism), what campaign do you recommend trying this on? My initial thoughts were Hard Rain, but witches with instant kills are causing a second guess.

As a secondary objective I’m hoping that constantly playing campaigns on expert/realistic will lead to me be all around more effective during versus/scavenge/survival.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:26 pm

I've only beat Dead center on expert because it's by far the easiest campaign (only 4 maps, lasor slight AKs, little cresendos etc.)

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:22 pm

I have never fully completed a single campaign on expert, on L4D1 or 2.

I was on a team once that almost won realism on expert. It's too hard for me. :oops:

Ironwolf
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Ironwolf » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:05 pm

I know nothing shady but I am keen to try with you. I ll be sure not to pick a shotgun for the event. should you pick me to help you
Commissar Wolf reporting to the front line!

prometheus
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Re: L4D2 achievements

Post by prometheus » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:32 pm

I'd be down for doing some expert campaigns.

In advanced you can still level a witch before much happens with an autoshotty, not sure on expert though. Watch your fire and you should be able to avoid most of them though, and they're only on stage 2.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:52 pm

[quote="prometheus";p="220506"]I'd be down for doing some expert campaigns.

In advanced you can still level a witch before much happens with an autoshotty, not sure on expert though. Watch your fire and you should be able to avoid most of them though, and they're only on stage 2.[/quote]

Remember, on expert, they kill with one hit ;)
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

ShadyJane
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ShadyJane » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:40 am

Cool. Prometheus I’ll have to friend you on Steam, Ironwolf I already got you on my list. Carpe are you down for some trial and error as well? I do not expect to beat an expert campaign on the first try. 20dmg hits from regular infected. 5,000% friendly fire damage. Instant incap from tanks. Instant kills from witches. It takes some getting used to. Then once you’re used to it you probably take like 7dmg through an entire versus map.

Anyway, what timezones are you guys in? I’m EST. Most nights I am usually on Steam while goofing off on the internet unless I’m playing Assassin’s Creed 2. Let me know when works for you guys and we’ll have a go at it.

Ironwolf
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Ironwolf » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:56 am

Witches can be easily dealt with. I have been practicing at killing them in 1 shot or 2. I am more worried about my insane habit to FF everything around me...and the tanks.
Commissar Wolf reporting to the front line!

ShadyJane
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ShadyJane » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:44 am

[quote="Ironwolf";p="220560"]Witches can be easily dealt with. I have been practicing at killing them in 1 shot or 2. I am more worried about my insane habit to FF everything around me...and the tanks.[/quote]

I'm not sure why but I have never even attempted a cr0wn even once. I hear you should aim at the upper back/neck though. I suppose I should start trying it.

The tanks aren't that bad. Luckily the game stops sending hordes/special while you deal with him. The standard way to handle it is fire + running and just wait it out. If the map is open enough it is no problem. However, I've run into a tank IN the tunnel of love. Let's just say it didn't go so well.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:11 pm

If you mess up the first shot the next 5 should finish her off before she can claw you.

Princess
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Princess » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:14 pm

I'm down for Expert. I did them all in L4D1, but haven't even tried it in 2 yet.

I'd think Dead Center is the easiest for Realism.

ShadyJane
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ShadyJane » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:47 am

[quote="Princess";p="220849"]I'm down for Expert. I did them all in L4D1, but haven't even tried it in 2 yet.

I'd think Dead Center is the easiest for Realism.[/quote]

Awesome, now we just need to find a time when you, Ironwolf, prometheus, and I are all online!

Mortis462
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mortis462 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:22 pm

I'm down as well if your short one hit me up.
Everyone has changed
Everything has changed
Everyone has changed
But me

Fano
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fano » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:43 pm

I would love to try for those achievements as well, trying to play expert with random people is a pain, most don't ever speak >_< it'd be great to play with you villuns more often, I've always enjoyed the versus games I was invited to.

feel free to add me on steam, I'm always up for a game, my steam name is the same as my forum name.