L4D(the first one) extra copy

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
DrunkenTrom
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

L4D(the first one) extra copy

Post by DrunkenTrom » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:35 pm

So a few weeks back L4D was on sale really cheap for $7.99 I believe if I remember correctly. I recently(and finally) remembered my old steam ID's password around the same time. Long story short I had a few friends that I didn't mind gifting such a cheap copy of the game to, and I also have multiple PCs in my house so rather than just gift them a copy directly I decided to log into my old steam ID and buy a 4 pack(since that's 4 for the price of 3) of the original L4D on it so I could then send out the two copies I wanted to gift and also have another copy in house so that if people stopped over I could log on my account on my PC and my old ID on my other computer to play multiplayer. For those of you doing the math that means that I gifted 2 copies and have another copy on my 2nd computer(the copy on my main computer I bought long ago). Anyway that leaves me with 1 extra copy to gift to someone and I really don't have anyone in mind. I've decided that I might as well give it to someone else who plays here on the ville. I was going to try and come up with some sort of contest to give this extra copy away but I'm kinda lazy and am definitely an alcoholic and I'd rather spend my free time drinking beer and playing games than coming up with some crazy contest where even I forget the rules I made up and so forth. So if any of you villuns don't already own this exceptional game I want to offer it to you now. My only stipulation is that it goes to the first person to reply to this thread that says they want it(and obviously doesn't already own it) and that has their steam ID linked to their profile(I have to know who to send the friend invite to). If you're the lucky person who is first to reply and meets this criteria then be on the lookout for a friend request from a "DT(old ID)", or "TommyBill"(I forget what my old ID's current name is) and also remember that I'm a lazy drunk so I apologize if I pass out tonight and don't remember to send out the friend request or send the game after you accept said friend request for a couple of days. Cheers Mate, Sláinte, and good luck!

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:20 pm

-my eyes hurt, i gave up reading 3 sentences in
- needs more space
- already got l4d, thanks for the kind gesture though

gator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: L4D(the first one) extra copy

Post by gator » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:26 pm

Added some line breaks for readability (doesn't help much, but better than that stream of consciousness):
DrunkenTrom wrote: [Backstory removed]

Anyway that leaves me with 1 extra copy to gift to someone and I really don't have anyone in mind. I've decided that I might as well give it to someone else who plays here on the ville.

[Funny comment removed]

So if any of you villuns don't already own this exceptional game I want to offer it to you now. My only stipulation is that it goes to the first person to reply to this thread that says they want it(and obviously doesn't already own it) and that has their steam ID linked to their profile(I have to know who to send the friend invite to).

If you're the lucky person who is first to reply and meets this criteria then be on the lookout for a friend request from a "DT(old ID)", or "TommyBill"(I forget what my old ID's current name is) and also remember that I'm a lazy drunk so I apologize if I pass out tonight and don't remember to send out the friend request or send the game after you accept said friend request for a couple of days.

Cheers Mate, Sláinte, and good luck!

DrunkenTrom
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: L4D(the first one) extra copy

Post by DrunkenTrom » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 pm

[quote="mr_s";p="214876"]-my eyes hurt, i gave up reading 3 sentences in
- needs more space
- already got l4d, thanks for the kind gesture though[/quote]

[quote="gator";p="214882"]Added some line breaks for readability (doesn't help much, but better than that stream of consciousness):
DrunkenTrom wrote: [Backstory removed]

Anyway that leaves me with 1 extra copy to gift to someone and I really don't have anyone in mind. I've decided that I might as well give it to someone else who plays here on the ville.

[Funny comment removed]

So if any of you villuns don't already own this exceptional game I want to offer it to you now. My only stipulation is that it goes to the first person to reply to this thread that says they want it(and obviously doesn't already own it) and that has their steam ID linked to their profile(I have to know who to send the friend invite to).

If you're the lucky person who is first to reply and meets this criteria then be on the lookout for a friend request from a "DT(old ID)", or "TommyBill"(I forget what my old ID's current name is) and also remember that I'm a lazy drunk so I apologize if I pass out tonight and don't remember to send out the friend request or send the game after you accept said friend request for a couple of days.

Cheers Mate, Sláinte, and good luck!
[/quote]

OK, I get it. My drunken rambling is annoying. Here's the abridged version now improved with spaces!

-I have an extra gift copy of L4D that I want to give away.

-If you want it reply below(1st come first serve) and make sure your steam ID is in your profile.

-Accept friend invites from strangers since my extra copy is on a different ID than the one I use the most.

-Be patient as I suck at life.

That is all.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:26 pm

[quote="DrunkenTrom";p="214885"]

-Be patient as I suck at life.

[/quote]

:lol:

Rits
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rits » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:30 pm

There isn't anyone out there that wants a free game? C'mon people. :lol:

arfy4
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by arfy4 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:13 pm

I want the game!!! A million thanks in advasnce, your awesome. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:05 am

can you run it arfy?

arfy4
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by arfy4 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:11 am

Yeah, on low graphics settings. I can run the L4D2 demo on low settings with little to no lag.

DrunkenTrom
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DrunkenTrom » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:33 pm

[quote="arfy4";p="214948"]I want the game!!![/quote]

I added you as a friend on my other ID, just accept it when you can and I'll check back later so I can gift you the game.

arfy4
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by arfy4 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:09 pm

I accepted the request, thanks again. :)

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:22 am

I actually didn't buy L4D 1, by the time I saved up the money they announced L4D2, so I decided to just wait till that came out and buy it.

DrunkenTrom
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DrunkenTrom » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:32 am

[quote="arfy4";p="215182"]I accepted the request, thanks again. :)[/quote]

No problem man.

I sent it this morning a few hours ago so it should be there the next time you log in. I selected to send it through steam but it said an email was sent to you. So if it isn't there automatically(or under the games/manage gifts and guest passes tabs at the top of steam) then check your email. Enjoy.