Urgent!! Save the CS:S RPG server...

A forum dedicated to CS and all its mods.
Adar
New Villun
New Villun

Urgent!! Save the CS:S RPG server...

Post by Adar » Wed May 02, 2007 9:56 pm

To any of the admins @ theville.org,

Greetings! My name is Chris, on the server it is |PLA|thuggizle. Recently I have noticed a lot of hackers have been taking over the server. To name a few "FAT GUY IN A LITTLE COAT", "Eazy-E", and a handful of others. I know its impossible for admins to be on all the time, but it seems like whenever these hackers are playing, the players are left to feel helpless.

Hackers are a huge problem in CS, but they don't have to be on the server. I have mentioned it to a few of the admins when I see them online, but I wanted to throw my name out there as a potential future admin. I play on the server all the time, and have been playing for the past 6 months or so (ranked 4th, almost 3rd RPG-wise) and I think someone that is out there playing a lot would have the greatest impact in maintaining fairness and quality gaming on the server.

Im 23 years old and am currently a medical student in the US. If you have any further questions or whatnot, I'd love to hear from you all (cmillz6@gmail.com). No matter what happens, something needs to be done about these hackers. It's ruining the game for everyone.

Thanks,

Chris M

Gen.Ben
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gen.Ben » Wed May 02, 2007 10:25 pm

http://www.theville.org/complaints/inde ... tion=Login

For the complaints section. Thanks!
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/l3eeron/SMS_genben_sig.png[/img]

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Wed May 02, 2007 10:29 pm

First off Adar let me assure you that we are on the same page as you. Please add me to your Steam friends under the name l3eeron, thats "L"3eeron

We have hack detection tools implemented on all our servers and we'll be more than happy to take the proper actions necessary to keep the cheaters at bay.

Worse case scenario is that you take a demo and file a complaint in our complaint dept (which is a seperate registration from the forums, so you you'd have to register there too) for our team of admins to review and ban/aban as needed.

Thanks a million for your concern and time spent on helping us keep the streets clean. PM me if you need help anything at all.

Your new fellow villun,
Bman

Adar
New Villun
New Villun

Post by Adar » Wed May 02, 2007 10:34 pm

I tried registering there and it doesn't seem to work for some reason.

FUSE
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by FUSE » Wed May 02, 2007 10:43 pm

[quote="Adar";p="24910"]I tried registering there and it doesn't seem to work for some reason.[/quote]

just make sure you follow the instructions for signing up EXACTLY, i had the same problem but you have to follow the instructions and it should work

MISTER FUSSY -V$-

''But we can perhaps remember...that those who live with us are our brothers; that they share with us the same short moment of life.'' -RFK

Gen.Ben
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gen.Ben » Wed May 02, 2007 11:01 pm

I personally witnessed FAT GUY IN A SMALL COAT playing... There is no doubt in my mind that he is a hacker... He got several guys WHILE HE WAS COMPLETELY BLINDED BY A FLASH! I recorded some demos aswell. They are very convincing. I will submit them to complaints as soon as they're done uploading.
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/l3eeron/SMS_genben_sig.png[/img]

sgt stutter
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by sgt stutter » Wed May 02, 2007 11:18 pm

[quote="Adar";p="24910"]I tried registering there and it doesn't seem to work for some reason.[/quote]

Adar, I added you to the complaint dept, so no need to register. I sent you a PM with your user name and the password so you can log in. When you registered if you used the name Adar it will not work, the name has to have a least 6 characters in it.

Welcome to the Ville, as Beeron said just file a complaint or contact an admin. There is a list of the admin to the left under "game server admins" in the Ville munu box and there contact information. Were glad your concerned at we are as well and will do what it takes to rid the game of hackers.
Last edited by sgt stutter on Wed May 02, 2007 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP-Trigger
RIP-Blue
RIP-Stevo

Gen.Ben
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gen.Ben » Wed May 02, 2007 11:25 pm

Update: I got even more demos. I will submit them shortly.

Adar
New Villun
New Villun

Re: Urgent!! Save the CS:S RPG server...

Post by Adar » Wed May 02, 2007 11:47 pm

Thanks a lot ben, and everyone else that helped get Fat banned. Just a few more, including Easy-E and we will be set :) Happy hunting

-Thuggizle

Cujo
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cujo » Thu May 03, 2007 12:48 am

but... Welcome Adar to our forums :D where are you going for med school ? I finished med school 4 years ago..U of Michigan Pre-med then back east for med school
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Cujo_/userbar359213av7.gif[/img]

[i]Proud member of the[b][size=150][/i][color=red]=U[/color][color=white]S-[/color][color=red]V= [/color][/b] [/size]

Ricen
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Ricen » Thu May 03, 2007 5:02 am

[quote="Cujo";p="24931"]Welcome Adar to our forums [/quote]

:D

mujo
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by mujo » Thu May 03, 2007 5:38 am

:shock:

I would also like to report a "hacker" watch on |PLA|thuggizle. He's been known to kill me in game many times, and I'm sick of it. :shock:

:rofl: Hey |PLA|thuggizle how you doing? Welcome to the forums man! Its about time :wink:
Adversities do not make a person weak, they reveal what strength he has. -Kierkegaard

[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/mujosig.jpg[/img]

shuya
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by shuya » Thu May 03, 2007 6:25 am

lol they were probaly just better then u and u went threw all this to get em banned
[img]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q195/Divius/DaftPunkSig.jpg[/img]

loka
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by loka » Thu May 03, 2007 7:31 am

yeah banning people with no demo is pointless.

on the other hand the rpg mod was a fad and seriously should just be turned into a regular cs:s server.
ImageImage
BLS DoD 1.3 '06 Ville Cup Winner
Death Dealers DoD 1.3 '07 Ville Cup Winner

regis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by regis » Thu May 03, 2007 7:38 am

[quote="loka";p="24958"]on the other hand the rpg mod was a fad and seriously should just be turned into a regular cs:s server.
[/quote]

I have to agree with Loooooooka on this. I was a huge fan of the mod when we first had it, but now I hardly find myself on tv4. If I do play CSS it's usually on some random pub server.