GunGame Update

A forum dedicated to CS and all its mods.
M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:19 pm

[quote="Red Seal";p="35797"]
i think its better when u respawn after u die it just takes to long for the bots to run around the map and find the other bot, its an up tempo game and waiting on the bots makes it slow. just my opinion
[/quote]

I agree dumb bots

Zman
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Zman » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:33 pm

[quote="<eVa>mlite";p="35800"][quote="Red Seal";p="35797"]
i think its better when u respawn after u die it just takes to long for the bots to run around the map and find the other bot, its an up tempo game and waiting on the bots makes it slow. just my opinion
[/quote]

I agree dumb bots[/quote] It seems like the we should just get rid of the bots because we only we want to play with the villuns and the bots just get in the way and let people win way to fast and chances are we wont have a full server

Red Seal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: GunGame Update

Post by Red Seal » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:27 pm

Zman u lost me with all the we. i wont to keep the bots due to the time frame of all the different players, but when when u play with live players and they all die 1st thing it takes to long for the bots to find each other. i also think that that at least 1 boot should upgrade thier status with a human player. but just my opinion

Simple
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Simple » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:32 pm

Well we'll get fined tuned just keep giving the input :). It's only been up a short time and we have jump from 3516 in the server ranks to 673 which tells me we are going the right direction I think. :).
Simple

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:37 pm

[quote="Zman";p="35804"][quote="<eVa>mlite";p="35800"][quote="Red Seal";p="35797"]
[/quote]

I agree dumb bots[/quote] It seems like the we should just get rid of the bots because we only we want to play with the villuns and the bots just get in the way and let people win way to fast and chances are we wont have a full server[/quote]

Bots are a necessity to get the server going. How many bots are needed may be a matter of contention.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:40 pm

Ok I can settle for a bot or two, but lets at least keep them on a lower level. Only reason I say this is because when your accross a map and they just start taking pop shots at your head.. Unrealistic to me.. I think to be up in the ranks we take off respawn.. However Clay does have a good point, with the bots not finding each other.. Bots dont really make you a better player since they are hacking.. They shoot you through trees in simpsons street and you cant even see them.. We need to find ways to get humans on so we never have the bots! No re-spawn will bring players. :D
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:10 am

Bots suck. :roll:
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Hamese
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Hamese » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:24 am

Respawn is a good thing. Playing yesterday sucked and waiting for bots and everyone to get killed seemed like it sucked the life out it. The respawning was great because you could join in a game and play non stop until the map was finished.

It got to the point where I was striking down the bots to end the round. I think respawn.... and maybe limiting the time like DOD is better than waiting on rounds.

Squirrel
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Squirrel » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:28 am

We need respawn. If not is like regular CS

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:41 am

I agree with Hammy and the learned rodent on the respawn issue. GG is fast-paced. To slow it down with round-based spawning would make it boring quick.
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Willie Busserhimen
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Willie Busserhimen » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:49 am

yeah... i played last night and couldnt take it for more than 5 minutes
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THIS ONE IS MINE.

D.B.Cooper
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by D.B.Cooper » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:12 pm

I agree with hammy also on this. Also the bots will make you better. People complaining about the bots being to hard simply just want an easy game to play....

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:03 pm

OK.
Deathmatch is back on. To be honest, I hate sitting around waiting for the others to die.
Spawn protection is 5 secs.

If you are a Supporter, PM me with a name and I'll change the name of a bot for you!

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:37 pm

Thank you for turning deathmatch back on.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:11 pm

[quote="D.B.Cooper";p="35886"]I agree with hammy also on this. Also the bots will make you better. People complaining about the bots being to hard simply just want an easy game to play....[/quote]

Cooper, the bot issue is not because we want an easy game... I want a game that is actulally fun to play. IMO spawning to a bot shooting you accross a map and shooting you in the head taking nearly all your life has no skill involved... Also getting owned coming around a corner beacuse they wall and aim hack does not make anyone better..
[Teamwork Respect Fun]