Doors from Well

A forum dedicated to chat about maps and the Source SDK for any Mod including tips and tutorials.
Thxe
New Villun
New Villun

Doors from Well

Post by Thxe » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:00 pm

Ok, so I'm working on a new map, its actually half way decent I think. However, I would like to use doors like the big ones in Well. I found the models for the door and door frame. Here's my problem, I'm not sure how to setup the animations with a trigger to make it a functioning door. I know how to make a normal door, my problem is because this model has an opening and closing animation and im not sure how to use them.

Thxe

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:02 pm

Beeron? Madhammer?

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Doors from Well

Post by Mad-Hammer » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:12 pm

The best way to learn is from the guys who made the tools. Here's a link found on TF2.Nets for decompiled Valve maps. Look through the list and Well is among them. Download it, open it up in Hammer and you'll see how to set the animations Valve style.

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=16
Image[/center]

Thxe
New Villun
New Villun

Re: Doors from Well

Post by Thxe » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:50 pm

YAY!, by some miracle, I figured it out on my own! its relativly simple, just set outputs from a trigger_area_multiple. The 2 you need are onstarttouchall and onendtouchall, via the set animation input, using params open and close respectively.

Thxe