Changing class limits

A forum dedicated to chat about maps and the Source SDK for any Mod including tips and tutorials.
Torven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Changing class limits

Post by Torven » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:39 pm

As another hypothetical, I was wondering if it was possible to alter the class limits through in-game events. What I was thinking about was if one could design a map where making a capture would set a class limit of 0 for a random class on the opposing team (and maybe reset the class limits for one's own team)...either that, or having a push map where class limits were controlled by the number of control points each team had.

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by l3eeron » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:28 pm

At this point in time there is no way to change/limit classes as per map. Hammer does not have the entities, they must be contrled by cvars only. That isnt to say there couldnt be an accompanied event .script to go along with the map to make the class limits react to certain events.... but then, that would be a mod by definition.

Torven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Changing class limits

Post by Torven » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:47 pm

Good to know. It was really just an idle thought; I really don't know much about map creation and what can be done. I am still hoping that when they update things after Goldrush that it will mean we can make CTF maps with mobile intelligence.