Forum rules
Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
DaKon
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Bots on Ville 1

Post by DaKon » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:20 pm

I was wondering why the ville 1 was no longer on my server list. So I went and found it and I know why now. Bots have been added. GG. I will not play on source severs with bots. There are way to many servers out there with these fake clients, and when I filter my server list, i don't even look at ones with bots.

Catch you guys around.
E6600 @ 3.75 gHz, 2 x 2 Mushkin, SLI'd EVGA 8800 GTX 646 2000, EVGA 680i MB w/IFX-14 custom modded, X-fi, 2x Raptor, 1 kw Silverstone, 24 in LG,xp 32 vista 64

3dmarks 16-17.5k depending on mood...
[img]http://www.mushkin.com/_template/_products/sect_tag_performance.jpg[/img]

Powdermilkman
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Bots on Ville 1

Post by Powdermilkman » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:36 pm

well DK we do have tv6 without bots thats classic dod source...might want to give it a try...the ville has always had a little something for everyone if you didn't like one server but still wanted to be part of the ville community the choice is there.

powder

SilverOne
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by SilverOne » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:41 pm

[quote="DaKon";p="8209"]I was wondering why the ville 1 was no longer on my server list. So I went and found it and I know why now. Bots have been added. GG. I will not play on source severs with bots. There are way to many servers out there with these fake clients, and when I filter my server list, i don't even look at ones with bots.

Catch you guys around.[/quote]

Well.. before you start the usual rant....

I was working on the server this morning and accidentally enabled the fake clients when updating plugins.

I wish I can filter out bad attitudes. :(
STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE ~Blue Ruler
Silver is Cheezylicious ~MErf
I bleed ville purple.

DaKon
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by DaKon » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:48 pm

[quote="SilverOne";p="8215"]I wish I can filter out bad attitudes. :([/quote]

Nice response. I see that is the way the Ville has decided to go.

In the past, I have offered my advice on what needs to be done to populate the servers, as I have been involved with the day to day runnings of some of the most popular DODS servers around. I figured I would help out the ville. But everything that seems to be done, is the best way to empty a server and not to populate it. And I am tired of wasting my breath.

Silver you can go ahead and filter out my bad attitude while sitting alone on your empty server.
E6600 @ 3.75 gHz, 2 x 2 Mushkin, SLI'd EVGA 8800 GTX 646 2000, EVGA 680i MB w/IFX-14 custom modded, X-fi, 2x Raptor, 1 kw Silverstone, 24 in LG,xp 32 vista 64

3dmarks 16-17.5k depending on mood...
[img]http://www.mushkin.com/_template/_products/sect_tag_performance.jpg[/img]

Blown65
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Blown65 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:50 pm

Dude, you started with the bad attitude, just admit up to it and give Silver some slack.

Powdermilkman
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Powdermilkman » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:30 pm

This is going to sound strange but i agree with Blown on this...DK you coulda shot silver a PM you coulda shot stutter, simple, even any of the server op's a PM instead of saying it all public. WE are ALL TRYING to populate the source servers anyway we can and right now we are trying lots of different things. Even though it was a mistake there have been times in the past were silver enacted fake bots and it was a temporary solution to the problem.

no need to go off the wall and threaten or leave in a huff. generally like in life there is a simple solution/answer to every problem/quandry.

anywho lets game on and get back to what we do the best...game

powder

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:02 pm

Silver - you are doing an awesome job on the servers...keep it up mate!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Preacherman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Preacherman » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:03 pm

Ok I have read and re read DaKon's post - other than catch you guys around - I can see no real attitude other than a comment that he feels he needed to ask about!

and if catch you guys around is a sign of bad attitude??!!!! :roll:

Do I think SilverOne is doing a good job WITH the server - yes ofcourse
Do I think DaKon is doing a good job ON the server - again yes ofcourse

PMM this is an open forum for discussion - Dakon was asking a question that others have mentioned, I also thought the adding bots was a bad idea (obviously I didn't know it was done accidently, and neither did Dakon, I also would not pm anyone about this but might have opened a thread to ask about it)

So in my humble opinion the only comment I have any problem with was Silverones "I wish I can filter out bad attitudes" - I personally felt that comment was a little strong especially as u did comment on doing it accidentally!! (I however am not even smart enough to make that mistake)

so - Silverone please keep up the good work on TV1 - I really enjoy playing on it - it is fun and is sarting to have a good following
DaKon - thanks for the info - it has been sorted and please continue to help populate the source server

small note - I think have 2 source servers AT THE MINUTE is overkill but I am not paying for any of them so that is not my problem
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/preacherman666/manutd-1.jpg[/img]

Squirrel
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Squirrel » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:44 pm

DK plays on a lot of servers and has some good ideas on what people like.
But like me sometimes his delivery isn’t the best. :oops:

A lot of work goes on behind the scenes that people either don’t know about or appreciate.
I think it’s that they just don’t know how much time and effort people like silver put into the servers and forums. There are also a lot of people who can only contribute their time and maybe money. DK has been very good about joining the server when we needed help populating it. I wish I could say the same for a lot of other villuns.

It seems like one of our biggest problems around here is communication.
People have suggestions or comments but don’t know who to tell them to. The ville has servers owned by different people and each server is run a little different, no problem with that its what makes the ville so great.
I think what we need is a forum set up just for suggestions or comments so the server ops can see what people like or don’t like. I’m sure the server ops would love to know what people want.

I know DK doesn’t like the slow Zook class on ville one and I heard others say the same thing. This would have been a great place to bring that up. :D

SilverOne
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by SilverOne » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:43 pm

It's been an ongoing discussion over a few threads in the past. DK hates bots. I know this. He has posted strongly against them many times. With various mods too. I have stated my reasons and history many times.

I value his opinion like everyone here. But after reading the same thing over and over with the same feeling behind the post, the feeling that if I do something.. DK may go? I don't need that. I really don't.

Thats why I said.. "Before you start the usual rant..."

I hate more than anything when somebody is not happy around here. I want comments and suggestions.. Help me, help the server owners and admins bring the best possible servers to you.

I hope you can see why I was upset. It bothers me to see anyone say they wont play here. It really gets to me. Especially after an accident. Guess it just hit me wrong.
Last edited by SilverOne on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE ~Blue Ruler
Silver is Cheezylicious ~MErf
I bleed ville purple.

Preacherman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Preacherman » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:22 pm

Thank u SilverOne for the mature and informative post.

Keep up the good work - Source Rules
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/preacherman666/manutd-1.jpg[/img]

mujo
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by mujo » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:44 pm

I would just like to add that I really do appreciate all the work done, on and off screen. We've been getting the Source servers active again, especially the CS:S RPG server. THANK YOU, to everyone who helps. And SIlver, take a break once in awhile and come play with us :P hehe. I love you guys.
Adversities do not make a person weak, they reveal what strength he has. -Kierkegaard

[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/mujosig.jpg[/img]

Squirrel
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Squirrel » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:51 pm

This makes me want to start singing from the musical Oklahoma! :hi:

The farmer and the cowman should be friends,
Oh, the farmer and the cowman should be friends.
One man likes to push a plough, the other likes to chase a cow,
But that's no reason why they cain't be friends.
Territory folks should stick together,
Territory folks should all be pals.
Cowboys dance with farmer's daughters,
Farmers dance with the ranchers' gals.

Oh, the farmer and the cowman should be friends.
The cowman ropes a cow with ease, the farmer steals her butter and cheese,
But that's no reason why they cain't be friends
Territory folks should stick together,
Territory folks should all be pals.
Cowboys dance with farmer's daughters,
Farmers dance with the ranchers' gals.

What does this have to do with the Ville :D Nothing. I just like singing that song

DukeNukem
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: FlZlX

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by DukeNukem » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:10 pm

Now we know what the s stands for in s.Squirrel - - uhhh s=strange! LOL!!
I STINK therefore I SPAM!! [Doctored Descartes]

Bull
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Bull » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:18 pm

Time for me to chime in :?

Frankly, I don't mind the bots, seein' how I need all the target practice I can get!
It would be nice if the bots were a bit more 'human' like, as nailing me at 250 yds
on the first shot does get a bit frustrating at times.

I was also a bit suprised to see that TV1 had 7-8 players, but none were there when I
got on (now I know why) but, no biggie.

I would rather play on a TV server than any others, but traffic is traffic. It's much
easier to go find another server elsewhere that has a lot of players during slow
traffic periods. But then again, the QUALITY of players are always lacking, bring
this back to the Ville as the ultimate source of entertainment.

And that's the point. Just play on non-Ville servers and hardly in no time you run into the
workings of some of the worst childish behavior around.

But when u get on the TV servers, wala! I can play (as an old man among the
younger generation) and not run into the frustration found elsewhere. It takes good
leadership, willingness to tolerate others and the ability to forgive where it's needed.

Yep, the likes of all of you, the admins, the supporters, the ville's regular players; it makes me
want to come back time and again.

I first got on the Ville right after BlueRuler passed, but reading much about his way of doing things
I believe, set the pace on how to enjoy the hard work of others.. "Quit flappin' your jaws and
just play the game"

He sounds a lot like me (at least I think so)

Quoting Croc Dundee, "Yep, we think alike, BlueRuler and me. If he were alive, we'd be mates.." :wink:
[img]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o255/GoldWing97SE/mini-gun8b.gif[/img]
A LOTTA shots, a LOTTA kills
Rules of Engagement: 1. Protect Sgt Bull at all costs. 2. See rule #1

Founding Member, PETA (People who Eat Tasty Animals)