l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

DoDS tips

Post by l3eeron » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:21 pm

I figured I would start a thread on my favorite subject…honing my skills. Source is a different animal all together (from 1.3) I need all the help I can get!!! I don’t have much to contribute, but here it is:

1.Nades nades nades…If you die without tossing your nade, you’re lame. Even if it’s just spammed into some random corner. That’s better than wasting a perfectly good nade.

2.Rocket class…The zooks are powerful and accurate. Even better, the Carbine and the sub-mg the axis has are deadly! Just be careful cuz you don’t get much ammo for secondary weapons

3.The Garand’s scope sights are better than the K98 scoped cuz you can see a lot more. The whole bottom half of the screen is taken up by the K98 when scoped, the garand’s sights view isn’t as obstructed.

4.The maps in general have a lot more places to hide and camp. (Rohan would be stoked! Lol/jk you know I love you man!) More shadows in the corners of rooms, more grass, more crates and random furniture that can be moved, etc. You gotta keep your head on a swivel and realize the hiding spots are hardly ever the exactly same every time you run by them.

5.If you can’t get a decent FPS, your toast. If HDR is on and your FPS suxorz, turn HDR OFF!

6.Nades can be primed just like in 1.3 when you are rifle class. Load a nade, pop it at your feet and pick it up. Just be careful because you only get like 2 seconds instead of around 3 in 1.3. So, it might feel like you’re being rushed to throw your nade. Plus, they don’t seem to go as far.

It would be nice to see some map specific tips. Let me have em folks, I kow you got em! Thank you!

B-man

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: DoDS tips

Post by Dog » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:38 pm

Priming nades is easier in Source. Just click and hold and count. Then throw!

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:43 pm

ya, regular nades, click count and release. But, when you're rifleman, sometimes you don't want to shoot the nade so far away. Plus you might want it primed. I didn't think you could prime the rifle-nade till Stevo taught me =)

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:11 pm

Oooooh the rilfe-nade.......!!!
That's cool!

=SG=ComptonEMT.TVR
Villun
Villun

Post by =SG=ComptonEMT.TVR » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:40 pm

here's a tip... changing system settings not in the actual menu so that you can, lets say, instantly scope is hacking. lots of people do this and dont think it is... lets start telling off people who do...

best gun in game = M1 carbine... its fast, more accurate than in 1.3, and a lil more powerful than 1.3, if you're gonna use it though realize you only get 3 clips counting your one you start with... save clips and if you run out throw away your zook and grab another gun...

every map has an MG spot that is waaaaayyyy lame... find it and your ktd is golden...

REMEMBER!!! tommy's and mp's dont have a mellee weapon ... you punch people... i've been caught many times try'n to switch over to my knife or shovel then realizing its not there too late...

be warry of custom maps... most are hacker sniper fests and it will only agrivate you when you're picked off half a second after respawning...

hit box's tend to lag a lil when the number of players is up so when in doubt on a sprinter... dont lead them as much... hmmm kinda like women and children....

maps maps maps... learn the maps... learn where people camp... learn where people typically run... learn ways to block entrances and exits with movable objects... if theres an mg in one spot theres always a way to get behind him...

always watch around you... cause like the end of the last point... theres always a way to get behind you... that and nades have a tendency to land into the ground and you cant see them... make sure you see it when its in the air...

smoke nades... nough said

due to accuracy being more point and click... jump dont crouch if you're being shot at it can mean 10 health over death... if you suddenly move you could make them miss a lot easier in source...

ok i gotta type up some notes for class but if i think of anything really important i'll post it later... and yes... i've played waaaaaayyyyyy too much DoD:S
[align=center]:ohoh: Straight Outta Compton :ohoh:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/dedmn006/pics/ComptonEMT2.JPG[/img][/align]

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:14 pm

[quote="=SG=ComptonEMT.TVR";p="4661"]here's a tip... changing system settings not in the actual menu so that you can, lets say, instantly scope is hacking. lots of people do this and dont think it is... lets start telling off people who do...[/quote]

I don't follow, can you elaborate?

But good points there EMT!

Smoke nades - use em by tossing em in front of an mg/sniper. Then move into position to flank them under the cover of the smoke. If FF is off you may as well pump of rounds into the cloud if you're the MG.

An other point about DoDS in general. Most the servers out there have something about them that seperates them from the crowd. Some kind of plug in or vote system enabled. It can range anywhere from extra nades to a special stat tracking/viewing plug in GUI style. On some servers you can type the word settings in the chat and set your client settings.

BlackHawk
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BlackHawk » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:24 pm

My tip - Dont get shot
“I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.”
― W.C. Fields

Sargee
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Sargee » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:36 pm

ok here we go as u all no and Compton has stated the Carbine pronounced Car -bine not car-bean is the best gun shoots really straight not like the tompson and mp40. also if u want less bullets and more straight shooting pick up on the support class it has 2 explosive nades so u can spam it and it has a semi-auto mode and a full auto mode down side is it does not shoot as fast as the assault class and it does not get a secondary fire arm only a knife (kind of screwed when your in the middle of a fire fight.) :cry: . also if your an mg u can practly set up anywhere now like on a rock on any tables, sandbags, boxes and chairs not like in 1.3 where u have to prone or have to have the white set up guy show up. thats all for now :lol:

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:39 pm

It can be pronounced either way...
car‧bine [kahr-been, -bahyn]
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/carbine

=SG=ComptonEMT.TVR
Villun
Villun

Post by =SG=ComptonEMT.TVR » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:18 pm

[quote="l3eeron";p="4666"][quote="=SG=ComptonEMT.TVR";p="4661"]here's a tip... changing system settings not in the actual menu so that you can, lets say, instantly scope is hacking. lots of people do this and dont think it is... lets start telling off people who do...[/quote]

I don't follow, can you elaborate?

[/quote]

just go sit in spectate on a custom like 4 towers and watch people... trust me... it happens... you can do it... i've heard about it and seen it for myself... not to mention they can move as if they weren't scoped... give that one a wirl

Red Seal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Red Seal » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:55 pm

Source is a different animal. But the problem i have with source is everytime i get on knowone is there i here i want to play source and learn it butknow one is ever on it (when im on) i would like to get into it but it is hard with only 1 player

Squirrel
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Squirrel » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:21 am

[quote="Red Seal";p="6547"]Source is a different animal. But the problem i have with source is everytime i get on knowone is there i here i want to play source and learn it butknow one is ever on it (when im on) i would like to get into it but it is hard with only 1 player[/quote]

http://theville.org/viewtopic.php?t=503 :roll:

Raptor
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Raptor » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:29 am

Best tip I can give about Source is this
Shoot the enemy before you get shot/die

I guess if you try really hard this also applies to 1.3, but I could be wrong :)
Fresh enemy corpses. YUMMY!! :twisted:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dodraptor/evaRaptorcopy-1.jpg[/img]
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but make sure you are far far away from ME!!!

Mr>Ellroy
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mr>Ellroy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:26 pm

best tip i have for source is to run.... keep movoing and only hide if there is 100 guys in your way....give each team mate space to move...as the maps are more packed together then in 1.3.... [

always have a game plan on where you want to go when ever you respawn, and stick to it, like self made check points not just flag points

doesn't matter what gun you use... if you shoot after you think you should shoot your going to miss or die... shoot when see the enemy if they don't die, do like squirrel and just keep moving on to your next point, make them chase you.....and bite them in the nuts when they turn a corner looking for you,

don't bother to hold the fire button down...... your better off just clicking it now.... unlike in 1.3 where you use to be able to drag the gun down as you shoot to reduce the recoil of the gun..... it doesn't seem to happen in source and i have 50 sense on mouse so when i say it doesn't help it doesn't help, i've tried but after about 6 shoots i am pointing no where near my target
[img]http://members.shaw.ca/dannjmorgan/kps/kpsmoobiouspimp.gif[/img]

=SG=ComptonEMT.TVR
Villun
Villun

Post by =SG=ComptonEMT.TVR » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:17 pm

always have a game plan on where you want to go when ever you respawn, and stick to it, like self made check points not just flag points
good advice... you should know where you're going at all times... this alows you to know when to sprint or jump already before you're even there... movement around the map is a key point in source... lets take one of my routes for avalanche for example

axis spawn

move over sandbags and down stairs up ramp and to sniper spot hole (the W in 1.3) and clear area

Move to building that leads down to the center clear doorway and buliding

back upstairs to balcony clear church hole and apartments and if allies are try'n to cap flag pic them off (clear)

move across arch into church, clear church floor entry before moving up stairs, clear apartments middle flag both second flags allied first allied sniper window and allied arch

down stairs to floor entrance of church (this is a good place to camp with a sniper or k-98 cause its hard to get a nade in and you can see anyone come'n up the ramp or on the arch

after you clear there you have 2 things you can do...
1) sprint out to second flag and cap then using sandbags for cover clear ramp again then sprint to apartments entrance
2) sprint to apartments entrance and go into allie first flag window, clear arch area near spawn and up ramp towards 2nd flag (you can get a lot of kills on unsuspecting victims running up the ramp by shooting them in the back all pansy like)

then you drop down and take flag after that you have 3 options
1)camp flag
2) move up to 2nd flag and take and camp (not a good idea to camp here)
3) take or dont take gun flag and go back into apartments to window (best spot for camping first flag but hard to pull off cause it takes a lil bit of time

anyways i know this will be used against me now so i'll just pick allies on ava now lol...