Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
MMZ>Ion
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Same as it ever was

Post by MMZ>Ion » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:04 pm

Ok so the zombies pop out of your back pocket now, they can get you with one hit from the front, can't see through the flames of the hell spawn...I haven't played for maybe 1.5 years until this December but nice to see this server is still fairly active--a testament to how playable this "old" dod is with this great mod.

So any chance I can get 32k back, lost when something reset????

MMZ> Ion

pravda
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: Same as it ever was

Post by pravda » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:47 am

Hey Ion,

Yeah mine got reset to $0 again yesterday. My money seems to get reset to $0 almost every month. Being a regular player I am often unlucky enough to log in during a time when the server is out of sync. Only players who log in during this time lose all their money and it doesn't come back when the server is in 'sync' again.

I posted awhile back what I thought was a partial solution which was to change the default database money amount from $0 to $2000 (even $5000) or something so at least we have a little money to start again with but it still defaults to $0.

Cheers
Last edited by pravda on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:37 am

I've passed this onto the creator; hope he can get something taken care of soon.

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:40 am

<eVa>mlite wrote:I've passed this onto the creator; hope he can get something taken care of soon.
Thanks, mlite.

MMZ>Ion
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MMZ>Ion » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:07 am

Thanks, mlite and Pravda

Rred
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rred » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:58 pm

I known a fix for the starting with no money issue. Simply rejoin the server and monies come back. If they do not return wait an hour. If they do not then your boned.
If you do not rejoin and just play with your balance 0 then the moment you earn money your previous balance will get overwritten. So if you had 30k previously and join with 0 the moment you earn 1 your 30k gone.

I guess the server disconnects from the database resulting in 0 balance when it reconnects whatever changes in balance you have earned when it connects properly is your new balance.

When it disconnects all the way like when zombies health are default and friendly fire can kill team mates it best just to leave as it stays bugged/disconnected for much longer as a simple map change will not work. Maybe a reset will fix it but at least this does not happen often.

If you haven't played in over a year then your 0 balance happened for other reasons probably. It a struggle to hold a balance for players who do play imagine if you do not.
Last edited by Rred on Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MMZ>Ion
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MMZ>Ion » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:35 pm

Ah!! Thanks Rojo!!!