Forum rules
Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Sugestions

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:05 pm

I would like to see the Gas Man drop health or have anti-gas be an antidote for his gas attack. I haven't seen the anti-gas be that useful. I would like to see something more useful dropped from him. Especially for the amount of work you need to put in to kill him. The only thing that kills him first try is a sniper rifle. Every other weapon takes several shots.

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Re: Sugestions

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:43 pm

I am just gonna keep adding things I think of here. Please someone else add their ideas too.

The infected one should have camo abilities like the Predators from Aliens. Only make it less obvious so the Infected doesn't become everyone's free kill zombie. Maybe make it a permanent thing for him.

pravda
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by pravda » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:31 am

Hi everyone,

I've thought the same thing about the gas man's anti-gas being like a health pack instead and it was handy when you could see the infected one's outline with your torch.

It's definitely very challenging getting infected, one way or another, and then not being able to find a health pack in time ... the zombies seem to drop stuff less often when there are more players/later rounds and the drops sometimes disappear almost immediately or, just when you're really desperate, they don't drop at all and you end up freaking out and running around screaming ... tearing open wraith and hellspawn carcasses ... often breathing your last breath a few short precious moments later after collapsing to the ground with your outstretched fingers and hand desperately clawing at that health pack, somewhere out there, just beyond your reach ...

I still cry in my sleep thinking about anvil and santos ... miss them maps!

Regards

Rred
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rred » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:40 pm

My main issue is the level of difficulty when <6 players play and when it requires higher than 50% of players to cap a flag.
Here some examples below to explain this.
1. 3 players triggers zombies to cap therefore not enough players to defend flags AND cap resulting in endless back and forth flag capping because 2 flags can not be defended.
2. I forget exact numbers but when its 6 players 3 man flags and a player leaves so you have 3 man flag 5 players results in same issues as example one. I found a way to get around this example by going to spectate after a death while in a 3 man flag 5 player game as that forces the game back to 2 man flags even after I immediately rejoin!
3. Sever has a hard time getting started as new players don't stick around much after a mob of zombies overwhelm them in a >5 player game. Having a easier game when there's less players essentially causes them stay to seed the sever.

Other general things is that having no human zombies is still a very difficult game and having one can turn the tides easily. Basically having more than 2 human zombies rarely happens as players leave frustrated and player count drops causing auto balance.

I'm rather confused about the gas man changes as I did ask Dog when he posted changes of which you can see what I am talking about in post 2 & 3 in this topic. Either I'm nuts but I have never seen them prevent infection but then it's too late once you get the pills anyway most of the time.

I also share the same feeling about maps that Pravda does but with the added note that I want to punch kalt in the face.
Last edited by Rred on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:00 pm

Increase the capacity of the allies ammo clip by about 20%. Reduce the reload time by about the same percentage. Also increase the rate of fire.

Change the witch's coloring from grey to a mixture of colors like the others. Give her different vocals.