Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Left4DoD Coop Mode

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:05 am

Dog wrote:Small update tonight:

-- When knifed by an Infected One, your skin changes to the Infected's
-- Shields and Airstrikes have been added to the unlocks
-- Shields now come in three flavours - Mark I, Mark II and Mark III which all have different delays
-- Air Strikes come in four flavours - short, medium, long and epic
-- Fixed stupid bug on menus with unlocks
-- Fixed a bug where the Emo would get teleported by the Grey Dude
-- Added an indicator that tells you how many points you earned
-- Headshots now earn you extra points

Some players have reached shield unlocks already - mind blown...

What are your thoughts on having one more flag to cap?
Shields may now unlock, but they don't do anything if you haven't unlocked them yet. As in, zombies go right through. LOL. Nice on the headshots - thanks. Epic airstrike - I can't wait. :) One flag to cap seems like plenty right now - it's slow enough that the Allies don't win every time.

MESSIAH
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by MESSIAH » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:31 am

Hi,

I agree about the need for a few more health drops ...

Players didn't seem as interested in capping ... maybe because it gets too hard if you win too often and without the health drops you don't last long ...

Another flag would be alright but maybe it could be allies to start with and the zombies have to capture it? The zombies can only capture it slowly same as us? They win the round if they capture it?

thanks

pravda

Tseeneth
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Tseeneth » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:27 am

To be honest, and without forget you always try to make the game more entertaining for us, I don't understand what this server is now about... The moment you got all your weapons unlocked, it's really no fun to cap a flag that doesn't give you any point at all or that is even not accounted!
What is the result? Everybody is running to kill zombies without to care about that lonely flag...
Off course, now you start to speak bout to add another flag on... :)
Well I see it coming... In about two weeks we'll get the 4 flags back ... :D

SOOOOOO .... GIVE US THE SEVER IV BACK IN THE STATE IT WAS !!!

:D

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:39 am

--Fixed shield - derpy bug.
--Reduced the time it takes to cap flag after winning
--Increased ammo

Will look at fixing Anzio, Argentan's and Ava's waypoints.

Fortunately TV9 is still running, so you can get your fix of regular L4DoD there.
As for capping back - it is hard coded in that the Zs can't cap flags - otherwise the flag blocking would occur.
And since players enjoy the fact that the Zs can't block flag caps...

With the 12 people we had playing last night, some maps were downright hard while others were too easy. Argentan has always been too easy for Allies to win. The fact you can see the Zs coming gives you time to prepare. I should smother the place in smoke :lol:

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:47 am

Dog wrote: -- Fixed a bug where the Emo would get teleported by the Grey Dude
Awesome! I was wondering about that yesterday when I was insta-fragged by a teleported Emo. Didn't realize it wasn't supposed to happen, but thought it was a bit unfair :-P
-- Added an indicator that tells you how many points you earned
Thanks!
What are your thoughts on having one more flag to cap?
When I was playing yesterday, the only time we ever capped was when zombie pathing wasn't working and they ignored the flag. Even on that map, we still lost most of the time, because people running to join the flag cap would pull a train with them and it would reset the capture. On another map, we never capped out at all.

I'm sure this is entirely dependant on who is on, and if they have real firepower or not. We were playing with like 3 or 4 of us on pistols, a couple people with middle stuff, and 1 guy with a Garand. For those of us with pistols, we could kill maybe 2 or 3 zombies before running out of ammo and having to go knife-mode 'til death. I had more knife kills than firearm kills, and I wasn't pulling the knife until I was out of bullets. With specials attacking in groups of 3 and 4 at a time, we usually just couldn't knock them down before they wiped the team. With more people carrying higher level stuff (which will happen over time, I'd imagine), it'll get easier. For now though, until the majority of the server is carrying something with stopping power, I wouldn't want there to be multiple flags.
-Boss Llama

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:05 am

Made a small change.
It checks the average level for all players. Then if the Allies have won more than 3 times and the average level is higher than 8000, then an extra flag will appear.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:34 am

Dog wrote:Made a small change.
It checks the average level for all players. Then if the Allies have won more than 3 times and the average level is higher than 8000, then an extra flag will appear.
:clap:
-Boss Llama

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:09 am

Dog wrote:Made a small change.

Nice!

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:42 am

-- Added a load more health box drops

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Not sure if you updated it since your original post, but my pistol has 3 clips and then I am out. Running around punching. Getting points off the start with a game in progress is almost impossible. All I see is players racking up 20 garand kills, then I pew pew the witch with 2 of my pistol clips and fend off the horde with my last clip till I drop and start over.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:20 pm

is it possible to have pistol bullets do more damage until you get a primary weapon? if so it would reduce the chance of having your kill taken after you have pumped half of your clip at a zombie only to have a grand or thompson take it with 1 shot.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Rred
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rred » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Sniper rifles seems nerfed. I painted a gray dudes eye red and he didn't drop. It takes two body hits to drop a witch of which is the only character I have problems doing head shots she just too speedy. Its like every special gave me a whack before I could get a second round out. I actually got more kills switching to my secondary when I run away to find a place to reload.
I even played on 9 just to test if I was having bad luck but nope my suspicions were confirmed. I not asking it to be a ultra powerful just restored like it used to be.

Also were did our best friend UNG go.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:49 pm

UNG doesn't appear until the average points of the server is over 8000 - it's only fair.

I will look at making pistols a little stronger.

None....I repeat none.... of the weapons are modified in strength. They are currently set at standard DoDS rates.
The difference may be that the Zombies get a little stronger as the round progresses. Capping the flag resets them back to default health.
So if anyone asks why bother capping, there's the perfect answer...because the Zs get stronger and stronger.

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:20 pm

Dog wrote:UNG doesn't appear until the average points of the server is over 8000 - it's only fair.

I will look at making pistols a little stronger.

None....I repeat none.... of the weapons are modified in strength. They are currently set at standard DoDS rates.
The difference may be that the Zombies get a little stronger as the round progresses. Capping the flag resets them back to default health.
So if anyone asks why bother capping, there's the perfect answer...because the Zs get stronger and stronger.
Oh, NOW it makes sense. :)

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:51 pm

I like the COOP mode. At first it is hard. But it gradually gets easier the more points you unlock. I think you may need to revisit the point system after all weapons are unlocked. After they are all unlocked what is the goal besides capping over and over again. I think you need more zombies and more spawn points for the zombies. Too many time we sat on the flag aand no zombies ever showed.