George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Issue on server IV

Post by George » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Rico[CotC] wrote:Something I noticed on IV, but haven't tested on IX - playing zombie team, using Grey Dude character. Map = Flash, flag = Axis2 (by the Tiger). Direct spawn on the flag, I get stuck on something - the flag, I think. Can't move in any direction, including jump.

I am having difficulty these days playing zombie - when I switch teams, people drop, then I get switched to Allies. Then people get back on. :(
Well, if you weren't such a good zombie, they might play with you longer! Seriously, I had it happen a couple times on 9, map was avalanche. I don't like that map anyway so I thought it was the system telling me I've played enough.

George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by George » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, this is a momentous day. We here have proof that Dog has not only programmed an excellent mod, he has also created a self-aware program that for all practical purposes is alive in a truly biological sense. Two L4DoD servers, left alone and without written instruction, have reproduced and created a third L4DoD server, unbeknownst to we humans, which hosts games and broadcasts its presense all on its own. This new server clearly retains inherited traits from its parents, while also demonstrating the slight mutations necessary to the survival of the species. Soon, the servers will come for us. I, for one, welcome our new machine overlords...
Skills Dog! No more leaving the kids unattended!

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:30 pm

George wrote:
Rico[CotC] wrote:Something I noticed on IV, but haven't tested on IX - playing zombie team, using Grey Dude character. Map = Flash, flag = Axis2 (by the Tiger). Direct spawn on the flag, I get stuck on something - the flag, I think. Can't move in any direction, including jump.

I am having difficulty these days playing zombie - when I switch teams, people drop, then I get switched to Allies. Then people get back on. :(
Well, if you weren't such a good zombie, they might play with you longer! Seriously, I had it happen a couple times on 9, map was avalanche. I don't like that map anyway so I thought it was the system telling me I've played enough.

Yeah, I figured that out. I love to play when the veterans are on - nothing scares them off the server. And it's harder for me to win the maps, LOL. I played Anzio with a couple of long-time veterans and it was a stalemate the entire map. Nobody got map wins. It was an epic fight. I was laughing so hard a couple of times that I died because I was having trouble controlling my zombie.

But when the new folks come on, and and they die repeatedly at the hands of a human-powered Grey Dude, I can see why they might be discouraged. (When I was a total ne-wb, it made me mad, so I went hunting.) :)

And I don't know which of the Allied players is which until I kill them or die. I do try and pick on the MGers and snipers...

MESSIAH
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by MESSIAH » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:47 am

I did notice that IX 66.240.202.11:27026 briefly - just the same server with a different port number?

Maybe Dog could use Rico's laugh and have it randomly play when the grey dude or one of his minions kills you? ... having a zombie laugh at you would really add insult to injury ... lol

(pravda)

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:49 pm

I never laugh at anyone - I do laugh when it's a good straight-up fight and I die, but never when I kill someone.

Nothing pisses me off more than a laughing zombie - I will drop everything to hunt that one zombie. And kill him until he switches teams.

Aardvark has seen it more than once...