Tell me it ain't so - Rico, human zombie?

A forum dedicated to the Left4DoD Day of Defeat: Source Mod
Forum rules
Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Tell me it ain't so - Rico, human zombie?

Post by Rico[CotC] » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:40 pm

OK, I have hated playing zombie, except for the very short time Dog has the skeleton set to melee weapon damage only. That was about the most fun I had, ohhh, ever.

But I discovered how some of the guys were playing the Grey Dude. And how they were working the Grey Dude in a way the maximized the strengths, and minimized the weaknesses of the zombies.

I now know the joy of playing the human zombie. Hunting particular players is now out. Playing the zombie character and achieving map objectives is all that exists. Now I need to hook up with a veteran human zombie and see how we do.

Creeper? Moonshine? I have joined the dark side.

:twisted:

Moonshine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Tell me it ain't so - Rico, human zombie?

Post by Moonshine » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:36 am

Oh Rico, with you on the zombies with some of the other veterans, the zombie team will be unstoppable. I will try to be on this sunday, hopefully I will run into you.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:18 am

I think I shall start playing a little more now, just to thwart your attempt.

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Moves I have seen or have played myself for Zombie success:

Witch: Easily killed, so, spawn on an Allied flag and have teleport route ready.
Grey Dude: Also easily killed. Best to hide in building/structure and send minions to do the dirty work (flag-cap busting)
Skeleton: Can hide and send out Skelly-nades into a group of Allies. Run through fire to get to Allies
The UNG: Spawn on Allied flag, (do not go prone-all shots are headshots) to cap-out. Also, throw back enemy nades
The Emo: Spawn on Allied flag (notice a pattern? :) ) sneak up behind Allies and release your Emo feelings...

These are just a few things to try. Anyone have any more for Rico?

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:23 pm

<eVa> + Sarge + wrote:Moves I have seen or have played myself for Zombie success:

Witch: Easily killed, so, spawn on an Allied flag and have teleport route ready.
Grey Dude: Also easily killed. Best to hide in building/structure and send minions to do the dirty work (flag-cap busting)
Skeleton: Can hide and send out Skelly-nades into a group of Allies. Run through fire to get to Allies
The UNG: Spawn on Allied flag, (do not go prone-all shots are headshots) to cap-out. Also, throw back enemy nades
The Emo: Spawn on Allied flag (notice a pattern? :) ) sneak up behind Allies and release your Emo feelings...

I found when playing UNG, from the start of a round spawn on the allied first flag. If you can dance around enough to avoid sniper shots and shields, it gives other zombies time to capture at least up to the center flag.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Moonshine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonshine » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:30 pm

I enjoy playing the grey dude. Using his double jump to fly through the air to distract allies and then spawning zombies really close gets good results.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:54 pm

Grey Dude is also the best one for blocking Allied caps

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Moonshine wrote:I enjoy playing the grey dude. Using his double jump to fly through the air to distract allies and then spawning zombies really close gets good results.
Yes.

Double jump, spawn zombies behind target - then your target gets the Hobson's choice: Fight the spawned zombies and ignore the human and hope for the best, or try and kill the human and hope that he gets the human before the spawned zombies kill him.

I have had luck as an allied player by killing the human first, then going after the spawned zombies. But as a zombie, I am having luck running out the ammunition of the opponent, then killing them on magazine change.

:)

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:19 pm

Dog wrote:Grey Dude is also the best one for blocking Allied caps

Also for capping, or blocking the allied players running toward the cap area.

I am still learning how to use the Grey Dude. I will get better at it, I'm sure.

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:24 pm

<eVa> + Sarge + wrote:Moves I have seen or have played myself for Zombie success:

My style is so much more aggressive than this. I get into an area with three or four allied players and hop around and spawn zombies behind the allies, and while they try to kill me, my spawned zombies are killing them. Meanwhile, they are tied down while the bots are out slowly taking over the map.

I just cannot hide - I need to be right in the middle of it. I LOVE to find MGers and snipers. Spawn to the side so they have to undeploy, then come up behind and shovel. :)

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:09 pm

General Off-Topic-ness Warning!
You should have called this thread "Say It Ain't So"

Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

the creeper
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by the creeper » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:12 am

Oh i look forward to hunting you down. lol. My fav is the Grey Dude, and the Skelly. If you play the Skelly right he can be really devastating. I have learned a lot from watching people play the UNG. Make sure they see you and run around the corner, trust me they will follow. Then stop and turn around and wait. Save your run till you need it. They fall for it every time. Then cap the flag. Good places to do this is Anzio mid flag. He is slow though. I do love to plant sticky bombs on flags as the Skelly and wait for the whole team to come cap, then blow em all up. It is so much fun to play zombie side, but i try not to because people get really mad and leave..lol
Creeper

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:47 am

the creeper wrote:Oh i look forward to hunting you down. lol. My fav is the Grey Dude, and the Skelly. If you play the Skelly right he can be really devastating. I have learned a lot from watching people play the UNG. Make sure they see you and run around the corner, trust me they will follow. Then stop and turn around and wait. Save your run till you need it. They fall for it every time. Then cap the flag. Good places to do this is Anzio mid flag. He is slow though. I do love to plant sticky bombs on flags as the Skelly and wait for the whole team to come cap, then blow em all up. It is so much fun to play zombie side, but i try not to because people get really mad and leave..lol
Yeah, I used to fall for the "UNG around the corner" trick. I love to have a human UNG on a map - spawn as assault, buy the sniper rifle...

I love playing the Grey Dude, but you're right about chasing people off the server. I try not to let the Axis cap out - just hold two or three flags all through the map. On the bigger maps, the Axis can win even with one-Allied-per-flag cap requirement. I did it twice last night, with just me on the zombie side. I don't like to play zombie when there is a two-Allied-per-flag requirement - that causes server depopulation immediately. :(

I really don't want Dog to change the zombies much, because then it won't be fun to play them. I do have a couple of DOD achievements to win, and I can only do that playing as a zombie. :)

How do you get folks to sit by a sticky bomb? When I see active ones anywhere I am going to be, I shoot them away. Or punch. :)

As far as you hunting me - BRING IT ON, PUNK!!!!

:)

Moonshine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonshine » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:47 pm

For the skele, one of my strategies is to do drive-bys or jump-bys. Since its dash is so fast, I run circles around allied players distracting them or jumping, then throwing stickies all over. Once I think I have enough stickies to eliminate a few, Kabo0o0m. Best used for flag captures though. It's really satisfying when there are at least 3 deaths :]

But yeah, being a zombie, one has to hold back or else people leave. That's why I only go zombies on a heavily populated server now.

George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by George » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Moonshine wrote: Since its dash is so fast, I run circles around allied players distracting them or jumping, then throwing stickies all over. Once I think I have enough stickies to eliminate a few, Kabo0o0m. Best used for flag captures though. It's really satisfying when there are at least 3 deaths :]
The sticky nades are the reason I loathe the Skeleton. You can blow them quicker than I can shoot them away. Hard to protect the team when there is such a devious human skeleton!