Ranking and fair play... A suggestion...

A forum dedicated to the Left4DoD Day of Defeat: Source Mod
Forum rules
Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Ranking and fair play... A suggestion...

Post by v.o.c » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:44 pm

just had an idea, not really anything to do with the tread but it would help with capping out on Kalt. could the forward advance be nerfed to allow you to chute on to a uncaptured flag, providing it is the next flag in line and as at least 1 Allie within the capture zone. I find that most peoples problem with Kalt is it is near impossible to cap out more than 2 or 3 times, been able to parachute in with shields could help improve the chances of making it to 1 of the spawn exits to deploy a shield. It would also help on all the maps especially at the final flag where 3 man caps are close to zombie spawn.

also back on Topic the buddy reward thing, bet its not possible but hear goes maybe allow players who pass on ammo/health/cash to get team play points, then when you get to say 100 team play points you get a small icon above the player, then a different icon at 500 points and a super cool one at 1000 points. Then give the player the chance to either keep it a while or cash it in for some serious dollars.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:54 pm

v.o.c wrote: also back on Topic the buddy reward thing, bet its not possible but hear goes maybe allow players who pass on ammo/health/cash to get team play points, then when you get to say 100 team play points you get a small icon above the player, then a different icon at 500 points and a super cool one at 1000 points. Then give the player the chance to either keep it a while or cash it in for some serious dollars.
I like that. I'd go for being a "super sharer" :)

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:05 pm

Gen.store wrote:can you just enjoy the game ? me and some others regular where just camping the bots for the lol "2-3 players on"
we didn't get a damn about the flag. you just act as a police spectacle us just to see if anyone suit your game play style.
and no, its not by camping bots that someone can rank up

why so upset about ranking ?

i dont mean to be rude or anything but remember this is a game.
This is sort of what I was getting at, but didn't want to be so blunt. There are MANY ways to play the game. And many ways to have fun. No matter what ranking system is used, someone will find a way to get to the top of the rankings, by whatever method is "easiest". It doesn't mean the player is good, or a good teammate or skilled at Left4DOD. I can think of VERY few people I'd like more to have at my back than Moonshine, or Dr. Bob, or v.o.c., or Sarge, or Aardvark Ratnick. These guys aren't in the top 20. But they are good team players, and if it were just three of us, we could cap out over and over and over again on any map. *I* would be the weak link there. And nobody who's played with me thinks I suck at Left4DOD. Well, Dog does, but he cheats when we play together.

The plain fact is that if ranking is important to you, change your play style to rack up the most points in the shortest time. Easy. I'll hang out between player #42 (my highest ranking) and #92 (where I end up after not playing for a week). And play so I dominate the flag cap score, or the zombie kill count, or both if I'm really motivated, or just supporting my guys, doing what needs to be done to let them have fun. Or hunting human zombies, and ignoring everything else. Right, Moonshine? ;)

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:55 pm

I like that idea...getting stats points or money for throwing health or ammo....
Hmmmmm

Gen.store
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Gen.store » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:35 am

I suport the idea getting stats points or money for throwing health or ammo.
as for myself i alway been a good team player. im playing dod since 2001 remember dod_caen, dod_cherbourg, dod_dam, dod_hill, dod_koln
and the chalanging dod_omaha, dod_snowtown, dod_oslo, dod_seg3,dod_sicily ?
i was in top 3 there as well.

im often on top of the crore board too, giving ammo, killing that nasty skuleton bouncing on someone head
or buying shiled to help my teamate wins.
and yes sometime i go for the giggle but if my stats are reset to 0, i dont mind i play for the fun.

George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by George » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:29 am

Rico[CotC] wrote:Dog has given us a game that we can play in so many ways - be a point whore, or MG camper, or a human zombie hunter or actually BE a human zombie - the variations keep the maps fun. I'd like to see more maps added to the rotation, but the ones we have now are still enough to totally kick @$$. :)
I agree, Rico! Dog, works like a dog to keep the game new, fair and fun! I'll pop on tonight hopefully for a couple of rounds and check out the changes. Now if we can get the servers to co-operate and stop lagging, we could really have some fun! Well fun without the occasional "What the Heck" frustrations.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:20 am

Two more changes I will make
- I will add a special Allies skin/model for Members and another for Supporters/Admins.
- I will make the Hellspawn, Anarchist, and Gasman deliberately target MG users and the Witch to deliberately target snipers...

As for the lag....the game gets moments like that when you guys are half killing it!
:lol: