Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Testers needed

Post by Dog » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:59 pm

Testing tonight.
Password: test
Server: TV11

ALL the Specials will be on! They won't be once we're done.
I have also turned on damage reporting so you can let me know what is happening and if it feels better and the damage is correct.

Remember that there will be no weapon modifiers at all, nor headshot modifiers. This will be the normal DoDS weapons (many of the weapons have been enhanced up to now)

All I need to know is whether to increase or decrease the health for the various specials and the regular zombies.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:32 pm

Any particular time, or is it test as you can?

Moonshine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonshine » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:08 pm

First Initial impresions:
- UNG cannot be killed? M Lite and I went thru about 6 deaths, 2 molotovs, and just doesnt seem to die?

- Seems like all zombies take a little bit extra damage to kill, but on the other hand, their damage seems less.

Still fiddling around, just wanted to bring up the UNG issue.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:28 pm

The UNG
is way way overpowered. 3 nades 2 molies and untold rounds of thompson, niper rifles, bar. And melee. Just like a timex; takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.

Witch
She seems just a little OP'd for the thompson/mp40. 1 1/2 mag to take down

EMO
Seems to blow his load to soon, needs something to pevent that. Is a little OP'd took 3 headshots from sniper, 3 mags thompason/mp40.

Grey Dude
OP'd plus he teleported his self behind me during the game.

Anarchist
May want to adjust his dowm a bit as well.

Gasman
ok he's fine

Wraith
seems fine

Skeleton
Is good

As for the common.
They all seem a little to strong. At one time before tonight you could melee hit 2-3 times and kill it. But now about 6-8 melee hits to take down. Not saying I was making contact everytime, but thats how it felt.

Hope my input helps a bit.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:19 pm

Yup. It does thanks.
Just some tweaks to sort out.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Many thanks to all our testers!
Nice feedback - also good to see all our top players out too!

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:02 pm

after a few tweaks, it seemed a lot more balanced. Also adapting as you become more used to each individual special helps.

no big issues at all when i left.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Rash
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Rash » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:51 pm

I have only spent a little time on today - will try to log on again later to follow up. Initial thoughts:

a) Agree with the others that the UNG seems a bit too strong health wise. Previously he could be killed by unloading 2 mags from the Thompson into his head. Now that doesnt seem to do it, and I don't know what does (hope to test that out later)

b) regular zombies seem to be fine...and actually, perhaps even a half a tiny pinch quick to die (though I am not complaining).

c) Skeleton...either I logged on after somone had already beat the crap out of it (although the server was empty when I arrived) or something is wrong. I was surprised when i killed it almost immediately after a short burst with the tommy gun. i didnt even have to punch at it like I usually do. Yesterday it was taking about 3-4 longer bursts ffrom the tommy gun and several punches, and if alone sometimes you wouldnt survive. this is something else I will try to follow up on later.

d) main problem = (and this might be something due to my local ISP, which is why I said will try to get on later). First Map ran fine (Argentan). On map change to Kalt, inexplainable lag spikes every other second that made it impossible to keep playing. (ie was too choppy)

That's it for now

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Thanks for allowing us to play and test tonight, DOG. I thought you were taking a break for awhile? Anyway here on some thoughts on play tonight.

Witch is very very hard to kill. It is not because of the jumping about although that does get annoying when tied in with her speed and teleporting. That's 3 special skills for her. The most of all the SI Zombies.

The UNG could finally be killed by one person but only by knifing him in the back. It took like 5 hits to kill him. Forget facing him and trying it. Forget one person with any weapon except a deployed MG killing him.

Anarchist and Skeleton their hitboxes must be non existent at 3 feet because I have emptied an entire clip into both at 3 feet only to be knife or shoveled by them in the end.

Wraith has to be killed at medium to close range. At long distance I found it really tough to kill him. When I saw a human player playing him it was a skinny purple beam when a bot plays it is big red one.

I would like to see the Garand's damage increased by say %10. %20 tops. I didn't get to play with the carbine all that much but suspect that it would next to useless unless its damage was increase substantially. Knives seem to pretty effective. Still a mystery as a good methodology for knife fighting.

May I suggest, if possible, that you put some sort of indicator on the health bar for what is normal. A line. A word. Something. There will be complaints about the health bar appearing to say one thing when reality is another.

With the game as it is it will really discourage one or two players from playing by themselves. That is both good and bad. Good because we won't have one person with obscene scores of 1000s of kills in one map. Bad because I worry that servers will stand empty and eventually be taken down. I tried to play by myself. I was thoroughly and repeatedly run over. Zombies everywhere. SI everywhere. Scores were lower overall. I don't think that is a bad thing. I think that the gameme points ought to be increased a little because thing have gotten more difficult. Not a great deal but just some.

Rash
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Rash » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:43 pm

lag problem seemed resolved after the map changed.

Rash
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Rash » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Skeleton still seems just a bit weak - taking about 2 burst from tommy gun to kill.

after running around a bit more the regular zombies seem fine.

Wraith might be a little stronger than normal.

Rash
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Rash » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:59 pm

second rotation on Kalt - no lag problem

George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by George » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:16 am

I am hoping VOC is right that balance had been restored because it was a little frustrating that the Zombies were running over us like syrup on pancakes. We were definitely as flat as the pancakes and they were sticky! With even the green dudes taking 3-4 hits with a garand and the mob mentality the zombies have developed, there is no chance to fight yourself out of the corner. When we had to leave, the scale was definitely tipped in the favor of the zombies. Though I will say that, again, the human zombies were strong but beatable. There seems to be something in the AIs that don't like defeat. They thirst for complete obliteration of the allies.

Have you ever been the only human in the woods of Alaska near a river? The mosquitoes have nothing on these zombies! I can appreciate the challenge but we have to have a hope of winning or it is a shoot fest. We have even pulled off some wins in Kalt lately which is a miracle on that map so let's not lose the momentum.

All of that said, we had a great bunch on to test and you definitely listened to the players Dog! We appreciate all you do!

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:46 am

I really like the MG seeking Witch. I have a problem with anyone using an MG in this Mod. It is too dark and LOS is short. They just end up wounding the Team and padding their scores.
Having the Witch teleport to a setup MG and removing his head for him is a great thing to see. :P

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:24 am

<eVa> + Sarge + wrote:I really like the MG seeking Witch. I have a problem with anyone using an MG in this Mod. It is too dark and LOS is short. They just end up wounding the Team and padding their scores.
Having the Witch teleport to a setup MG and removing his head for him is a great thing to see. :P
i agree very nice addition, when i was been brave and playing MG last night, (my least favourite class) she kept me on my toe's.

my reasons for playing the MG was a little bit of research, most team kills come from the MG so i took the opportunity to see how hard it actually is. The way i see it now is been the MG is no excuse, with exception of Mr Sarge putting his head in the way i killed no one, yet managed to hold down the zombies quite well.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.