Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Oddities. Bugs?

Post by Dog » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:36 pm

In extreme close quarters it will take as many as 5 or 6 shots to kill zombies, often it appears the first two are missing. Bad assumption on my part since I can't prove it. Anarchist, Gasman and now the Witch are very bad about getting right in your face with the barrel of your rifle sticking out their back. It is worse on COOP then the other servers. Don't suppose we change Iron Sights to Butt Smack for rifles? Or Bayonet? Probably something hard code into the source engine, huh?

Will make the bots stop getting too close. Can't change existing weapons since these are hard coded.

At one time I thought I read that the wraith was supposed to get more visible as he gets healthier. From my perspective it appears the opposite. The more you shoot him the more visible he is. The Infected is the same way.

There was a bug in code. Infected One should become more visible as you shoot him. The Wraith is the opposite.

I can't see the invisible infected any more unless he is right in front of me with the flash light on him. I used to able to see him run by in his invisibility mode. I still can see human zombies in their invisibility mode when the run by me. Can't catch them but I can see them.

The Infected One has always been totally invisible - at least that has always been the intention. There was an errant piece of code screwing things up so I have removed that to see if it help. Spawning zombies should be always invisible and so I have removed any shadows and crap they might cast. They become more visible if their spawn time has expired - ie their shadows become visible if they are trying to spawn but there are Allies nearby.

It appears that the Gasman and Anarchist can lob grenades while shoveling you at the same time. Makes for many Pyrrhic victories. Wraith can shovel you at the same time while zapping you with his life suck ray. Is it true that he gets health from shoveling you? I mean just hitting you without killing you?

Wraith does get health from shovelling you. It has always been this way. But the health is capped. And it always pays to shoot a Wraith early on.
I have reduced the bots chances of lobbing skulls while hacking.

Also it appears that while Zombies (bots) are totally unaffected by lag they are also totally unaffected by each others weapons (on FF servers) and anything to do with the physics of the game. Grenades, TNT and Airstrikes all effect my shooting but they seem to have no effect on the Bots abilities. Don't suppose we could turn off the physics engine for the game? Maybe fine tune it? Another source thing more then likely.

Has always been this way. By intention. Since the day the mod was created.
Bots do no damage whatsoever on each other and do not get affected by stunning.
And the physics engine cannot be turned off. Nor do I want to.

As for rate and lerp...no idea.
Can post the settings that the server has.

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:38 am

Dog or anyone. I am now noticing this really odd effect. This has happened twice over the last two days. After a particularly vicious firefight with the Zombies, my rifle stops working. It is in my hands but it like crooked. Sorry for the imprecise description but that is the only way I can describe it. I can't shoot it or bring up iron sights. Switching to secondary or tertiary and then going back makes the rifle disappear all together. You can't scroll up to it and You can't hotkey it. Anyone else seeing this? I mean it is just once a night so it is just mildly annoying. But it is really weird.

Somethings that I thought it might be are:

1) punishment for tw/tk. Didn't notice myself tw/tk but it happens. But if so why take away the primary weapon only? Isn't it a slap, kill, or knife only?

2) Another thought was I dropped it. How? I don't know. I don't even a have a key configured for dropping the weapon. Or at least not that I am aware of.

3) Ran out of bullets. If so what is with the crooked/disappearing model. It doesn't do that in similar situations.

And finally on the paranoid/crazy front

4) Moonshine took it when I wasn't looking.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:44 am

It might be 'no ammo'.
I've seen this bug in DoDS before.

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:00 am

Are you sure I can't blame Moonshine? It would give me a lovely excuse to shoot him in the game.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:58 am

You don't need an excuse....!

Moonshine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonshine » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Can't shoot me if you don't have anything to shoot me with :D
j/k

I've experienced this once in awhile too as allies. No known pattern yet. Maybe a bug that happens in the heat of battle/lag. It would be cool to be able to steal/deactivate a weapon as zombies, but I don't think allied players will like that very much.

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Dog or anyone. I am now noticing this really odd effect. This has happened twice over the last two days. After a particularly vicious firefight with the Zombies, my rifle stops working. It is in my hands but it like crooked.

you gotta think that rifle is coming up to 70 years old, ever likely you broke it :P
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:09 pm

I tried to replicate it several times, this morning, and couldn't. So more research needed.

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:59 pm

Wow! You actually tried to replicate it!? I didn't expect that. Especially on only just two instances over two days. If you going to put that much effort into it the least I can do is try to give your more information to work with.

Hmmm I seem to remember it happened on Kalt last night. Kalt is the one with the Tank in place for flag 5 that the zombies make it almost impossible to cap? There was like 7 or 8 people on. Several of us, may be 5, were trying to take the tank. We weren't having much luck. One or two were on top of the tank. I was on the left. Another individual was to the right toss cocktail after cocktail into the zombie spawn. Server was performing alright until we got to the tank. Then it would lag and glitch for a second or two then fix itself and go a couple of seconds with no issues then lag and glitch again. It was after one such cycle of lag and glitching that my rifle went crooked then awol during the calm. I was playing between 8:00 PM CST and 10:30 CST. I can't tell you the name of the server only that when I joined the other server was maxed out at 18 players and COOP had 8.