Dog, I read what you wrote in your blog.

A forum dedicated to the Left4DoD Day of Defeat: Source Mod
Forum rules
Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Dog, I read what you wrote in your blog.

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:12 am

I feel for you. I also have an internet gig that I volunteered for and get paid nothing..It consumes hours every day, returns nothing but a PITA, and makes me wonder if we really need this new-fangled internet thingy after all. The only comfort I have is that after I am done moderating a forum full of whiny kids who otherwise look like adults is that I get to kill two of three (hundred) zombies.

Dog, I would pay you directly for access to this game. I am guessing we regulars could be talked into kicking in a little, if for no other reason than you earned it. We could never pay you enough in comparison to the time you've spent - but we could do *something*. And by "we", I mean "I".

Seriously, I really do love this mod. More than that, I really like playing with the other players. I swear that *every* time I play with Si-Lad, there are several LOL moments in the game.

You have accomplished something special here. I don't care if you never make another change to the game. Hell, I would play it EXACTLY like it was last October when I first signed up. And be happy doing it.

I'm serious about paying for the privilege - I haven't had this much fun playing a shooter since I played Doom. And not so much fun with teammates since Quake CTF. I'd pay for that. Give me a PayPal address, and I'll go PayPal today.

I'm guessing that other folks would, too.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Dog, I read what you wrote in your blog.

Post by Dog » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:55 pm

I actually don't want any money for the game but your sentiments are much appreciated, sir!
:D

I was tired, very, very tired because Real Life is taking up so much of my time and I was bitching over some regulars with whom I was annoyed, because they couldn't handle the changes due to VALVe messing with the game, that I couldn't do much about (whoa long sentence!)

I'm glad you enjoy it and it's for people like you that i do it
:lol:

Oh and I'm surprised anyone reads the blog.

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:33 pm

Dog wrote:I actually don't want any money for the game but your sentiments are much appreciated, sir!
:D

I was tired, very, very tired because Real Life is taking up so much of my time and I was bitching over some regulars with whom I was annoyed, because they couldn't handle the changes due to VALVe messing with the game, that I couldn't do much about (whoa long sentence!)

I'm glad you enjoy it and it's for people like you that i do it
:lol:

Oh and I'm surprised anyone reads the blog.
I told you - I love this game. :)

Yes, Real Life (tm) sucks. In my line of work, the busy season is starting very soon. And I will not get to play as much. I am very sad about that, let me tell you.

So yeah, I read the blog. And this website. And the update notes. And play the game. If there is *anything* I can do for you, let me know. I will happily do it. And if you ever change your mind about getting something tangible out of your hard work, let me know that, too. The offer stands.

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:35 pm

I read it for the first time earlier today and got disappoint that someone killed Companion Cube Soccer.

OldMan
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by OldMan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:44 pm

Dog, I read your blog, I follow the facebook page, I play on the servers... I sometimes read tea leaves, anything to stay in touch with The Ville and it's awesome players/admins. You do amazing work here! And by work I mean WORK! You might not hear it enough, but we appreciate all that you do for us players. I know we probably don't see half of the effort you guys put into this community but speaking as a player, THANK YOU!

I mirror the feelings of Rico in that, if there is anything you need please let us know! We Villuns get a lot out of the efforts of the admins and I for one, wouldn't mind giving a bit more back. If you ever find yourself in northern Michigan, USA, stop at my restaurant and lunch/dinner is on me! That goes for any of you Ville admins too!

I know that those last few Steam updates brought havoc and headache to admins. It has caused me no end of trouble also, I still have issues that I never had before. Don't take the grumblings of a few players that don't know how difficult it is to manage a mod like this to heart. We will stick with you no matter what you decide to do with it, I will be playing it as long as it's around! The Ville has an amazing asset in having you around Dog! Do what you need to do, know that we will support you, and thanks!

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:14 pm

Tungsten wrote:I read it for the first time earlier today and got disappoint that someone killed Companion Cube Soccer.
This

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:34 pm

iOwn - ROTFL @ ur avatar.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Dog wrote:Oh and I'm surprised anyone reads the blog.
I read it quit often. I even try to leave comments, even though they are pointless. :)

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:01 pm

you know me and the mrs love ya dog, and if i was you i would take a bit of time off improving left4dod it is fine at the moment. you is way to busy to please everyone all the time and with valve cocking things up all the time and with real life, let it stew abit as it is. you never know a clearhead and a few long baths and you may come up with the meaning of life.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:56 am

Most of us should/will understand about real life getting in the way of something you really want to do. That is real life often sucks and game life often doesn't. I see change after change that you make and am in awe and wonder. It seems like you never sleep! I gave up programming several years ago after deciding it wasn't for me. Some think that programming is relatively simple and straight forward. It is not. Especial not if you have to modify other peoples code and they do things that you just kind of go "What the F*** did they that stupid thing for!?"

The no updates for awhile thing is kind of a bummer. But if by not doing updates it allows you to recharge your batteries then that is a good thing. I hope to see new changes in the future from you not Valve who seems to have abandoned DOD:S. My suggestion is take some time to do something mindless and relax some.

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:49 pm

I had a full length reply saying how much I appreciate all of Dog's hard work. Then my kids jumped on me and the post went bye-bye :lol:

Anyway, it's Easter and I am over the In-Laws, so Dog, let us Admins look over you creation for a bit. We will keep notes of anything we hear and report back to you in awhile. Take some time, relax and enjoy family.

Your work here is appreciated by many, many people. Including myself and my sons.

-Peace

TACOBELL
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by TACOBELL » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:11 pm

dog is the best!
Eat all the tacos!

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:50 pm

http://www.theville.org/forums/ville_supporters.php

If you feel it necessary to compensate monetarily, supporting the ville is supporting Dog. :D

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:37 pm

l3eeron wrote:http://www.theville.org/forums/ville_supporters.php

If you feel it necessary to compensate monetarily, supporting the ville is supporting Dog. :D

OK, bubba - yer on!

:)

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Yuppers and you get a fancy reserved slot on all the servers too, everyone wins!

Dog, you now get 3 fresh (unused) goats per month, you've earned it my friend! And what the hay, how about an extra helping of udder butter at dinner? Ain't nothin too good for our Doggeh!
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.