Amunous
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

zombie strength

Post by Amunous » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Hey all,

Just a quick question have the special infected had an increase in their stats?
They seem to be just running over the top of us now, and its making it so we cant move much further than about 50 feet from spawn on most maps.

I dont mind making them a bit tougher, but even when you get the one shot kill ammo for the rifle its still taking 2-3 headshots to kill them.

cheers
Amunous

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: zombie strength

Post by M's » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:48 pm

That would be a question only Dog can answer.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Their health is the same.
I'll check it out.

Si-Lad
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Si-Lad » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:10 pm

I just played on the AUS server and they deffo have more health. Played alot on there last week and no probs killing them. But tonight whey would not die. The infected one especially I noticed was faster and stronger.

I was also coming on here to ask the same question about the CooP server. The zombies are faster now ?
I know this because you used to be able to run away while you reloaded turn and fire but now you get shovelled in the back mid reload.

Cheers.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:22 pm

Nope.

Zombies aren't faster. They are the same speed on all the servers.
I did change the way they run at you, though. They used to run right into you if they could and people's guns would point through and have no effect. There'd be a lot of swearing about how such and such a Zombie was in God mode. But it wasn't.
So to fix that, when they get close, they stop. This avoids the end of the barrel going through the Zombie and bullets having no effect.

So maybe now that they are standing away from the player, they can hit the player better.

They have more health (1.4x) on the Aus server and the coop server because it is FF off.
Otherwise the Allies just over-run the Zombies every time.
But they don't get stronger and stronger as the map progresses.

The special infected on Survival mode do more damage than on the other modes, but have waaaay less health.

Si-Lad
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Si-Lad » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:27 pm

You have made them too well Dog :D :D

One more thing I have noticed is that the animation for the shovel swinging sometimes does not occur. Seen it a lot recently where you hear it but do not see it. Your just dead, Maybe lag I dont know. :|

Fidel Gastro
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fidel Gastro » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:02 pm

The only zombies i was having trouble with were the Gas man and the Anarchist if both were running at you they'd take a full mag and still get you.

I must admit I'm not the most accurate with the 44 but i do try and head shot em a few times.
One fish swims into a wall.
The other fishy laughs his butt off and says "dam".
Ha Ha

Amunous
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Amunous » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:10 pm

There is def something going on.. we cant even cap the second flag on preety much everymap. forget trying to cap out.
Ide rather have them get stronger everyround than just be uber from the get go at least you had a chance before. Now we cant even gain ground.

I dont think ill play this just to sit near spawn trying not to die, and thats not just me preety much everyone is saying the same thing in the server i just think im the only one willing to voice my frustration here. lol
The aus server used to be consistently full now the numbers have dwindled to nothing.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:53 pm

It's 14/18 right now and it's 1.42pm in Sydney.

There is no need to use language such as "I don't think I'll play this..." - it's unnecessary.

I have changed the health, by completely rewriting the routine that handles it.
The most health a regular Zombie can get on Versus with FF off is 100, which is normal.
On Versus with FF on, their health will be 50.
In Survival, it is 30.
In Coop, it is 150 but then it is meant to be hard.

Each time a Zombie kills, its health increases by ten. This is what replaced the automatic health increase for dying. It means a Zombie can get stronger if it kills successive targets.

Amunous
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Amunous » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:25 pm

"I have changed the health, by completely rewriting the routine that handles it.
The most health a regular Zombie can get on Versus with FF off is 100, which is normal. (there must be something wrong then because the zombies are near impossible to kill, a special infected will take down at least 3 people on average before it goes down. there has to be something going on there the garand does 98 damage with a headshot surely you can take a special infected down with 2 shots? and thats not including whats going on with the one shot kill ammo, it no longer kills them one shot its now 2-3? there has to be something wrong with that surely?)
On Versus with FF on, their health will be 50.
In Survival, it is 30.
In Coop, it is 150 but then it is meant to be hard."

no wonder we cant move out of spawn on most maps.

i dont understand what you mean by "There is no need to use language such as "I don't think I'll play this..." - it's unnecessary" i didnt realise it was swearing? sorry i wasnt trying to offend you.

i was merely telling you that i feel the game has become unplayable. there has been a distinct change in the game from 2 weeks ago. where i was getting onto the server 2 weeks ago and playing for a few hours as it was really fun, now that the game dynamic has changed so much i dont feel like playing when we cant move past about the first 20 feet out of spawn.

Im not saying i just want to get on and smash zombies. by all means make it a challenge. but at the moment its not a challenge its impossible. i play this for fun not to just die every 1 minute. i spend more time waiting to spawn now than actually playing.

i still think youve done a great job dont get me wrong.

And no im not having a go at you or trying to be offensive im just giving you honest feedback..

you could also try turning on ff and seeing if that makes a difference.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:12 pm

I changed it just after you wrote your previous post.
Let me know if it is any better.

When I was looking through the code, tonight, I found small pieces of code from old versions. So hopefully this fixes it yet leaves it playable in such a way that the Allies do not dominate all the time.

Amunous
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Amunous » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:40 am

thanks dog ill have a go soon.. hopefully that has.

thanks for looking at it.

Si-Lad
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Si-Lad » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:50 am

Just played on Aus server and they don't appear any different. Still Hard to kill and faster.

You say "playable in such a way that the Allies do not dominate all the time." What about when the shoe is on the other foot ? When there are only 0-5 allies and the zombies are dominating the allies. CooP server with 5 players is no fun when everyone is camping and even when you do try and cap a flag they take it back with in seconds because there are not enough people to cover the flags, this leaves everyone camping so they dont get killed making it impossible to gain ground.

This applies for all severs and I have been on them all in the last few days to check. They are faster, I know you said you have changed the way they attack but you used to be able to run away from them while you reloaded and then turn and fire. You cannot do that now at they catch you up and kill you, hence they are faster. Leaving you with no way to defend yourself and no chance of survival. At least when they couldn't catch you up you had a chance. (I have asked other regulars that I play with and they all say they are definitely faster by the way) We need the chance to reload at least. You don't even get chance to switch to your pistol half the time atm which is very frustrating.

The game at the moment has developed in such a way that it is becoming less and less fun. Everyone comes on your servers with different things in mind, some people like to cap flags others likes to kill zombies and others like to play as zombies So its hard to cater for all but most people play to kill the zombies and its becoming very difficult to do just that. Everyone has their preferences, i.e ff on and ff off also.

I have played your excellent mod for a very long time now and watched it develop. I have seen it change from where the Allies had the upper hand to where the zombies now have the upper hand (just about imo) Just need to find a happy medium.
You know just how much harder it has become by looking at the regulars K:D ratios, they have halved in just under a month.

I don't mean to offend or put down all your hard work :clap: , just like Amunous I'm leaving you some feedback about the game (mod) in its current state. :angel: :)

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:06 am

Slowed the bots attack speed down to previous levels.
Change should be effective now.

v.o.c
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by v.o.c » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:54 am

i have not been around much for the last 12 months and i am just getting back into left 4 dod again. i played alot in the early days of the mod, so i am now getting used to 12 months of updates. i can honestly say although the increases in speed etc are noticeable, the game is far from unplayable. you just have to think alittle more outside of the box. every change dog makes is going to change the way you play it. i see some very good players struggling to survive and other not so good players breezing passed zombies like its going out of fashion. i think that comes from the fact new players adapt easier because they are not so set in their ways. when game dynamics change so must the way you play it.
Hey you Would'nt you like to be a vicious orange carrot too?

STEAM a Bi Product of tea.