Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
whatmee
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Re: New Southern Hemisphere server

Post by whatmee » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:07 pm

this be NZ/aus server,
there was one incident i recolect that happened.

human zombie anachist, sat in spawn throwing nades out onto there first flag.
there was no way we could cap out cause of this. this made the game NOT fun to play.
so a vote kick was enabled.
"Hey you!!!,
RESPECT OTHERS, AND THEY WILL RESPECT YOU."

dod_santos_Z (Zombies) download here
http://www.theville2.org/dods/maps/dod_santos_z.bsp.bz2

Humpty
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Humpty » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:43 pm

Which I explained to mainwaring last night. 

It was a vote kick so everybody had their say on the matter, vote won with only two "no" votes. So the call was in the best interest of the server, the players and the ville.

The vote was called after I explained several times that he must atleast make an attempt to play the game and not spawn camp.

I explained via microphone and then text after I saw he was an international. I can't do much if he can't understand English, I can not speak or write in Malay. 

After he was removed he appeared on one of the US ville servers as I was monitoring them also. 

The "rules" you're talking about are in relation to the WaD server. WaD do not run, control or have any part other than playing on this server and people need to let any grudges against the clan go when not on their server. 

I apologize to the ville for the conflicts that may arise from past dealings with WaD within the Australian and New Zealand community. WaD have gained themselves a reputation with many players from here which should not be brought to this new server. 

I made a point last night that this is a public server for all members and is not controlled by any of the major clans within Australia. So if everybody can leave their personal feelings towards any clans out of the ville it would be greatly appreciated.  

L33t_Of_Lag
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by L33t_Of_Lag » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:53 pm

this issue is simple, this is not my ({FGC}*) wads, ndw, saw, scr's or any other clans server.

The ville run it, its their server, their rules for everything.

Too many times i see aussie/nz players that play on a particular server bring that servers rules into all other servers. So as humpty stated, leave all aussie rules where they belong, play the damn game as its meant to be, and follow the respective rules of the left4dod server and the ville.

But from the sounds of what happened as explained by the gorgeous mr mee, yeah that wouldnt have been fun. But, it isnt our job to say what is right or wrong. Its up to dog and the ville. :)

I would also like to ask a simple request, dont bother the ville's forums with any hassles that consist in the aussie/nz dods community.

Happy killing. :D

whatmee
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by whatmee » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:12 pm

yes i believe there will be abit of trouble from players towards a particural clan towards that clans members on the server.
as it did happen last night, but was stomped on pretty quickly by me/humpty. and we will not tolarat it at all.
"Hey you!!!,
RESPECT OTHERS, AND THEY WILL RESPECT YOU."

dod_santos_Z (Zombies) download here
http://www.theville2.org/dods/maps/dod_santos_z.bsp.bz2

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:41 pm

Good times on TV11!

I learned, you CAN throw nades back as a zombie :cool:
(click to watch in HD)

BlueFire081
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BlueFire081 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:05 am

I was on that night when Humpty and whatmee were talking to mainwaring and the situation was handled perfectly.

I also agree with L33t and Humpty's statement on the fact that the Left4DoD server is a public server and not controlled by any Australian clans whatsoever. We are on the server to simply have a chat and mostly, to have great time fragging zombies. :D

Again, I would like to extend my thanks to Dog and everybody at The Ville. :clap: :dance:

Captain Mainwaring
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Captain Mainwaring » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:36 am

I don't want to flog a dead horse, but I'll clear one thing up. I think there's a bit of confusion about apples and oranges.

I'm not particularly interested in the particularities of any ANZ clan (I'm not a member of any), nor have I been a user of any ANZ DOD server for quite a long time. I've been playing on the US Left4DOD servers instead. I did not say that any clan was running this Ville server, but I did suggest that I felt that people were too used to that type of highly moderated/administered atmosphere. What other users might have said about any clan had nothing to do with me. I have no problem with any person here, due to their membership or affiliations. OK, that's pretty clear and out of the way.

My objection that night was that I considered the vote kick a pretty high handed form imposition on someone playing within the server rules. Shooting out of spawn to defend his final flag, as the player was doing is perfectly acceptable, as Dog has confirmed. I still stand by the position that the player wasn't doing anything wrong and neither any one individual or the group as a whole was right in vote kicking the guy out.

The guy might have been spoiling some people's fun in defending his flag, but that's no reason for a public lynching - he was doing no wrong by the server rules. As a member of the attacking side, I thought that he was making it pretty fun and challenging. Let's just live and let live.

Cheers.

Si-Lad
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Si-Lad » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:35 am

l3eeron wrote:Good times on TV11!

I learned, you CAN throw nades back as a zombie :cool:
(click to watch in HD)

I always prime mine so you would have no eyebrows if you tried that with one of my nades :lol: :D

L33t_Of_Lag
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by L33t_Of_Lag » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Si-Lad wrote:you would have no eyebrows if you tried that with one of my nades :lol: :D

SnOwY
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by SnOwY » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:01 pm

Captain Mainwaring wrote:My objection that night was that I considered the vote kick a pretty high handed form imposition on someone playing within the server rules. Shooting out of spawn to defend his final flag, as the player was doing is perfectly acceptable, as Dog has confirmed. I still stand by the position that the player wasn't doing anything wrong and neither any one individual or the group as a whole was right in vote kicking the guy out.
The fact that everyone in the server agreed with the vote kick and you where booted from the server just prooves that you may have been doing something wrong, or in the general sense was to play fair and have fun !!!

which obviusly you lacked their off
Last edited by SnOwY on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fidel Gastro
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fidel Gastro » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:45 pm

SnOwY wrote:The fact that everyone in the server agreed with the vote kick and you where booted from the server just prooves that you may have been doing something wrong, or in the general sense was to play fair and have fun !!!

which obviusly you lacked their off
not sure who you're talking about there.... me thinks he was defending someone else..... the last time i went paintballing one of my mates shot me in the buttock at 1 meter, now rule of thumb is 4meters or dont shoot.

My butt had a massive bruise and a small wound. That sucker hurt for weeks.
Dry your eyes princesses.

The clincher is really all in the first rule and this is the last thing I am posting on this matter.

1. Respect your fellow players
Do not complain about other people's playing abilities. Remember that you were a beginner once.
If you have issues with particular players, contact the admins or go to the Complaints Dept.

Gastro out
One fish swims into a wall.
The other fishy laughs his butt off and says "dam".
Ha Ha

SnOwY
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by SnOwY » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Private parts (OZ) wrote:4meters or dont shoot
ahahaha thats always been the standard rule at paintballing no wonder that hurt for weeks :lol:
1. Respect your fellow players
Do not complain about other people's playing abilities. Remember that you were a beginner once.
If you have issues with particular players, contact the admins or go to the Complaints Dept.
Completly agree !!!! :clap:

sgt stutter
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by sgt stutter » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:52 pm

Private parts (OZ) wrote: If you have issues with particular players, contact the admins or go to the Complaints Dept.
This would be the way to handle it, we've been at this for sometime now and have a great group of admin here that are willing to help when needed, just ask. The complaint dept is also a good choice and action is taken quickly there as well.

I'm glad you are enjoying the server and would like to welcome you all to the Ville. This place tends to grow on you so enjoy your stay. :)

Sorry to hear about the paint ball incident Private, just be glad you had your back to him.
:icon_ee3:
RIP-Trigger
RIP-Blue
RIP-Stevo

Humpty
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Humpty » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:13 am

The votekick won for a reason. I dont waste my game time putting up votes for no reason.

As you say
Which is exactly what I have done. The vote kick was to remove him from the gameplay at present and I then filed with the server admins so they can deliever their verdict on it.
There are rules. I have read them and I follow them. It's that simple.

And sorry to hear about your paint ball injury. Cant image it wouldve been much fun lol. I was at paintball today actually (got off lucky only 2 hits on me all day) but my mate isnt so lucky and is sitting at home bleeding from I dont know how many different spots haha

Fidel Gastro
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fidel Gastro » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:02 am

He he it hurts even worse the next morning too..... ha
One fish swims into a wall.
The other fishy laughs his butt off and says "dam".
Ha Ha