Hey everybody! Wanted to say hello and I don't cheat.

A forum dedicated to the Left4DoD Day of Defeat: Source Mod
Forum rules
Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
General Zorak
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Hey everybody! Wanted to say hello and I don't cheat.

Post by General Zorak » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:44 am

I am new to the forums, hello everyone. I have played alot over the years and have really enjoyed the banter and fun in The Ville DOD L4D IX. I have had a few players question my scores but, today took the cake. I had a player (with clan tags) who was livid and swore I was a cheater. He said I had 250 health and aim-bot. He kept intentionally wounding me (not tking) right out of spawn and declaring I cheat. I know I shouldn't let this bother me but it did. As a 53 yr (old school) guy, being called a cheater goes against everything I am. I don't cheat and I don't hack.
Respectfully,
General Zorak
PS....how can you tell if someone is using cheats? I couldn't tell you.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Hey everybody! Wanted to say hello and I don't cheat.

Post by MrBlah » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:20 am

Don't worry General Zorak, that has happened to me before too, has been a while since I was that good at DOD:S, has been a while since I played DOD:S.

But anyways, Welcome to the purple place we all call TheVille. Glad to have ya and hope you enjoy yourself in this wonderful world of purple.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:43 am

I can say with 100% confidence that whoever troubled you was not wearing any tags affiliated with the Ville. That's the trouble with being the exclusive home to a popular mod, it brings in the good...and the bad.

Be sure to let one of us admins know if you encounter any problems like this anymore. We will be sure to deal with it.

And yes, welcome to the forums :D
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Headless-Chicken
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Headless-Chicken » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:51 am

If it persists, might I suggest coming over to The Ville Left4DoD X? We have a lot of regulars on that server, and we're pretty communal. You add that with the fact that there's no FF, and you've got a pretty good combination. There's even quite a few French and Russian players that play at various times if that's something of a plus... Either way, I hope the mod treats you more kindly in the future. Long live The Ville.

Si-Lad
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Si-Lad » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:14 am

Headless-Chicken wrote:If it persists, might I suggest coming over to The Ville Left4DoD X? We have a lot of regulars on that server, and we're pretty communal. You add that with the fact that there's no FF, and you've got a pretty good combination.
I didn't know that. Thats why I play on the coop server because people kept team wounding me on purpose when I scored high.
Will have a look cheers.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:13 pm

I've been debating turning off friendly-fire and increasing Zombie abilities.

OldMan
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by OldMan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Let me throw my two cents in about friendly fire. In a game with "reality" based weapons and situations, I believe friendly fire should always be on. A bullet once it leaves a gun, doesn't care who it hits and causes damage to. The skill of the person firing the gun comes into play, you have to shoot the enemy, not your allies.

Even in a "non reality" game like Left4DoD, I believe friendly fire needs to be on. In a game where there is no friendly fire, a spray and pray mentality takes over and, I believe, most or all of the skill goes out the window. I like to play with people aware of their surroundings and where their allies are. Those people tend to be better players than just a guy with an automatic weapon that holds the trigger down. I like the challenge of aiming between two friends to take a zombie down with a head shot as opposed to firing like crazy and hope I get him.

Dog, if you take away friendly fire and increase the zombies abilities, I feel some of the skill and fun would be taken out of your mod. The amount of damage you take from friendly fire is pretty low anyway, it mostly slows you down.

There, that's my two or three cents. Still lovin the mod!

General Zorak
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by General Zorak » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:10 pm

Thanks for your support. In my humble opinion, FF is what makes the game so fun to play. It plays more like real world and stops the spray and pray mode. I accept accidental TKs with a laugh. It happens and it develops team work and coordination of attacks.

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

I have played with Zorak plenty...

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:02 pm

...and I know he doesn't cheat. He is, however, very good at killing zombies. :)

DOG, thanks for this mod, and thanks to The Ville for hosting the servers. It's been a ton of fun these past couple of months!

I have read a couple of the suggestions - the remote TNT "mine" is a great idea. And please leave the FF settings alone. I like your mod pretty much just the way it is. :)

P. E. Logos
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by P. E. Logos » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:54 am

I agree with the other posters--FF is pretty crucial to the skill involved in this game. :) Granted, some people will still teamwound or TK--but they can always be votekicked or an admin can take care of the problem.
I'm really happy with the fact that the admins do take care of the servers. If I have a problem I know it'll be addressed respectfully and thoughtfully, and I can respect the decision that comes out of it.