Forum rules
Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Participate In a Day of Defeat Movie!

Post by MrBlah » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:26 am

Hmmmm, how come I didn't see this thread before? I could have made this.....
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:10 am

Apology for missing....

Life has been... a... roller coaster.

I'll be hooking up with you shortly vlad.

dodforever
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by dodforever » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:14 pm

That's alright Beeron, there's still lots more ahead.

By the way if you have a moment, I do have a few questions for you regarding demo smoothing. You mentioned you had experience in this, it would be cool. I'm trying to get the latest footage released as soon as possible.

Just steam message or email me when you have a bit of time.

Thanks again.

dodforever
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by dodforever » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:04 pm

Hey everyone,

Just want to update and announce the next event.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our next event is Thursday, November 4th 2010 @ 10PM EST (Eastern Standard Time)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scenes for this event require only 20 Players, so please show up early as space is limited! First 20 Players to show up will be given a spot.

If you cannot attend, or arrive late -- do not despair -- we have a few more events in the works, many of which will involve up to 30 people.

All details, such as server and connection information is available within the steam group announcements and info sections. If you have any questions please feel free to email us (dodforevermovie@gmail.com) or message "Vlad" from the steam group.

If you have not yet joined us… you can easily do so by joining our steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dodforevermovie

Thank you so much for signing up, we hope to see you there!

-Vlad & dodForever Team

dodforever
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by dodforever » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:06 pm

Big thanks to everyone who showed up last night! The scenes look great.

I would like to try an earlier time for the next event to help with getting people in faster.

I am also currently working on releasing some clips for everyone to sample some of the footage we've captured so far.

Thank you all again for being patient last night, I really, really appreciate it. Your effort and participation has really helped move the project along. I'll be working as hard as I can this week to gather more interested participants so that we no longer have an issue with finding enough participants.

If you are reading this and still have not join us, please add yourself to our steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dodforevermovie

Thank you all again and stay tuned!

-Vlad

dodforever
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by dodforever » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:51 pm

Hey hey!

Time for the next events!

First off, a bit of news and update.

1. There is a trailer/teaser in the works for everyone to get a sneak peek at the footage we've gotten so far. And we're trying not to cut corners with this one either. There will be cool titles, special effects and otherwise nifty editing in this as well. We are trying our best to release this sometime late next week or early the following week.

So for those of who participated, it will be your first taste of stardom, hehehe :P

2. We have our first community producer! The wonderful guys at the Day of Defeat Source Competitive Network (http://www.dodscompnet.net/) have agreed to help us produce and release the film. Please check out their website and community. It is the home of some of the best DOD:S players in the world.

So, speaking of players...

Wow!

Thank you all for such a great response and interest in this project. Ok, I know I've been saying this a lot lately, but it's proving very difficult to stop. This project would not be moving along the way it is if it weren't for your help.

Fact: Our steam group has grown from 18 members at the first event, to now 65 members as of this writing!

So without further delay, I am announcing our next two events to knock away all the 20 player scenes..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEXT EVENT: Monday November 15th 2010 @ 7PM EST (That's 00:00/24:00 or 12AM GMT)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and if necessary…

SECOND EVENT: Tuesday November 16th 2010 @ 7PM EST (That's 00:00/24:00 or 12AM GMT)]

Something to consider…

After all 20 Player scenes are completed (there are 8 of them). I will hold a special prize raffle.

The prize? Your own physical copy of the new

CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS
(You choice of platform: PC, XBox360, PS3 or Wii)

If you already own the game or do not want it, you may choose one of these prizes:

1. $20 Steam Gift Certificate
2. HL1 or HL2 Game Server (either public or private) for 3 months. (You pick the game, mod, addons, etc.)
3. 50GB Webspace & Seedbox on my 1Gbit Up/Down bandwidth server (it's quite fast!) for 3 months.

So how about them apples? :P

Remember the more scenes your participate in, the more times your name gets entered. So if you're there for all 8… You just got 8 tickets to win :)

Join the steam group for more details: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dodforevermovie

Hope to see you all there!

Best,

Vlad & dodForever Movie Team

dodforever
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by dodforever » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Hey all!

Thank you to everyone who was there last night. We were able to get almost all of the harder scenes recorded.

The next event (Part II) is scheduled - TONIGHT Nov. 16th - @ 7PM EST!

If you haven't already done so, please review the brief guide located here: http://www.maidenseye.com/movie.html

Tonight's scenes are mostly more straightforward we should be able can capture them all quickly.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks

-Vlad

dodforever
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by dodforever » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Hey all,

Thank you for making Tuesday our best session yet--it was very productive!

Just want to remind everyone that we have only 2 more scenes left before the Call Of Duty: BlackOps winner is announced and we will be recording them TONIGHT!

So our final session for this 20 player event is…

-- TONIGHT! - November 18th 2010 @ 7PM EST --

The COD:BlackOps winner will be announced shortly after the event so stay tuned for an update.

We really hope to see you there, so if you're reading this and you haven't participated with us yet -- this is your last chance to win the Call Of Duty : Black Ops (or another prize if you already own COD or don't want it).

Take care, and see you tonight!

-Vlad & dodForever Team (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dodforevermovie)

P.S. Please check the steam group announcements for details and visit http://www.maidenseye.com/movie.html for an overview of each event and get all the files for tonight!

dodforever
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by dodforever » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Note to Moderators

We have been trying to involve as many day of defeat communities as possible and we have found that some involved players are not as active on these forums as they are in participating in the project.

Please do not misread these string of posts as pointless advertisements. While they are invitations for a project, it is something that is very tied and related to the game and one we hope every day of defeat player will enjoy.

If there is any concern, please contact me and I will be happy to sort out any problems or questions.

Thank you again for your support.

-Vlad

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:06 pm

How did I not see this before, I can make it!

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Was fun getting blown up at the bridge....

at one point, there was a pile of empty helmets at my feet... I guffawed.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:37 pm

lol, I fell asleep and missed this :D ahahahahha! Victory!

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Gizanked » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:43 pm

MrBlah wrote:How did I not see this before, I can make it!
MrBlah wrote:lol, I fell asleep and missed this :D ahahahahha! Victory!

typical blah...
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Gizanked wrote:
MrBlah wrote:How did I not see this before, I can make it!
MrBlah wrote:lol, I fell asleep and missed this :D ahahahahha! Victory!

typical blah...
I was tired, shut up :P And I still have 2 more exams before Thanksgiving break. Nuts.

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

>--Mr. Lucksman-->
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by >--Mr. Lucksman--> » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:04 am

So where can I watch the movie?