Forum rules
Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
Headless-Chicken
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Re: Left4DoD "Tweaking" Suggestions

Post by Headless-Chicken » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Is there any way to keep the Grey Dude from spawning an Emo when it's a bot playing him?
It's pretty much an instant death if he does. If not, it's not that big of a deal, more of a person pet peeve really.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:34 pm

What if I changed it so that he only starts spawning emos once Allies are rolling the Zombies...?

Headless-Chicken
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Headless-Chicken » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:30 am

Lol, I suppose that would work.
Btw, I had the Survival server all to myself for a bit this morning. It made me really paranoid.
C'mon everyone get on the bandwagon. Survival Mode is AWESOME!

cb6tig1
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by cb6tig1 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:19 am

more or new maps be cool. :?:

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:56 am

Hi cb!
Yeah...I might actually change TVX into a custom map server running Versus as Survival isn't filling the server!

Headless-Chicken
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Headless-Chicken » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:53 am

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I will miss survival mode if it's taken off, but I understand it doesn't really draw a crowd.

Some of the issues are people who never leave spawn or look for camping areas near the beginning of the map.
Also occasionally about half the players will switch to the Axis right at the start of a round and it makes it impossible for the allies.
Last but not least there's only 4 maps in the rotation. I usually get bored on the second time through and find myself going to another L4DoD server.

I swear I'm not trying to bash survival mode, or make more work for ya Dog. In truth it's my favorite version of the mod. Still I'll shed a tear to see it gone.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Kessler
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by Kessler » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:30 am

Hello Dog,

I wasn't sure where else to put this and I wanted it to be public so any one else could answer this dilemma.

I was vote kicked several times last night by a rather angry fellow who felt that I was cheating by killing him more than he was killing me. I was able to (using the MG42) push a piano in the way of the door, securing my flank from Z's spawning behind me, mainly players. I was kicked because I was blocking doors. The terrible irony of all of this is that it seems to be something that was agreed upon in the forums. My arguments for that rule are late but I feel the need to express my confusion over how that rule was declared fair.

1. Fast Z players can spawn anywhere. This makes is nearly impossible, at best difficult, to defend the flanks of an MG. Good MG's know to relocate regularly and that's fine, but everyone knows that with the changing size of the spawn swarms and as the last flag gets closer to spawn, relocating can be senseless.

2. An Anarchist or Emo or even an Airstrike could have blown that piano away from the door, negating it entirely. The fact that this player simply vote kicked me seemed poor sportsmanlike, but it was the repeat votekicks upon returning to the server that egged me on.

3. Isn't barricading a natural part of the zombie genre? How often in any movie or story do we see characters struggling to hold of swarms with anything they can, blocking doors with tables, chairs, or other dead folks. To simply take out the option of barricading seems to limit a part of the gameplay involving zombies that's rather second nature.

L4DDoD is a very mobile game, but the MG is not meant to be played that way. MG's typically have to find goofy ledges and rails to shuffle up around just to last a few moments before getting "Emo'd" as is. I ask you as the developer to rethink that rule and the community to reexamine just how to deal with players who are unaware of major rule changes.

Sorry to derail this thread, or even post in the wrong one.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:45 am

The guy who was kicking you checked with me afterwards to see if he was right to do so.

I explained that barricading has long been a part of any Zombie Mod (more so in the non-Left4DoD version) and that most of the Left4DoD Zombies could actually get around the 'cades. For example, the Witch could teleport in the window, the Emo could blast the doorway, the Gasman could repeatedly gas the inside, the Anarchist could throw skulls in the window, the Grey Dude could spawn Zombies inside the room through the window.

So I don't expect to see anyone kicked for blocking again.

Kessler
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by Kessler » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:48 pm

Thanks for the reply, Im sure you can imagine how frustrating it was to play your mod for months to suddenly be kicked off a server by somebody who seemed to be raging simply because they could not get to me.

I can only hope that in the future such instances are better handled by players, as it wasn't just the irate one who put me up to the votekick, but also those who zombie button mashed to kick me without having heard the full story.

Such is the way of the game. Im still going to shoot zombies in the face.

SnOwY
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by SnOwY » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:11 am

3. Throttle an auto votekick for players over 250+ ping (maybe even 200).
Not Ville policy. We have never done it before. But I've had numerous requests for this so I will discuss it with the other server ops.
Yeah I agree don't do this, I really do enjoy this mod and love playing it, currently ranks 200 something or rather, I would be shattered if this was implemented... it really sucks to be in australia and i think my aussie buddies would agree leave the auto kicker alone !!!

Humpty
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Humpty » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:49 am

Yea kicking people over 200 ping would wipe a lot of us out. My whole clan currently play this and are now the #2 ranked clan so it would be a shame if we got booted

RhinestoneCowboy
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by RhinestoneCowboy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:37 pm

Another possible suggestion: friendly fire vs ff off. When playing on a ff off server, stats should go to 1 point for everything, as it is easier. When playing on a ff server, stats are the way they are now, as it is harder. I hope you catch the gist of what I'm saying. Reward play on a tougher server more. Maybe even count TK's as suicides? An example, on coop server and server X you can spam grenades like white on rice, try doing that in a ff server. Just a thought..... :mrgreen:

Kessler
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by Kessler » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:03 am

I dig the better points for more difficult gameplay suggestion, but I do have a quick comment:

While playing on a FF: Off server I still managed to blast a teammate into the sky with a demolitions charge...

Ahh....oops?

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:21 am

TNT doesn't know who its friends are
:D