Forum rules
Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Re: Left4DoD

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Thu May 30, 2013 9:12 pm

I like FlamingBadfinger's idea of a shield toss. That is appealing. I also agree that the zombies are much more aggressive. In addition to the aggression they are faster. They seem to able to damage from much further away than prior to update. They are much harder to kill now also. The overall difficulty is higher than before. We start off with a full compliment of zombie minus the UNG when there is like 4 players on the map. There is no consistency between maps. The other night we switched in to Avalanche and the zombies cleaned our clocks easily. On the next map they still won but they had to work at it some more. The following map the allies won quite a bit but the zombies also won once or twice. I intensely dislike the ticketing system on server IX. On maps like Kalt it works against the allies majorly. It does nothing to encourage teamwork or cooperation. The witch is just overpowered vs machine gunners. Her ability to teleport multiple times against a machine gunner is just plain unfair. The infected one should either infect you or damage you while stabbing you. Not both. And not damage one time stab and infect the next. He needs to be consistent. The Gas man has lost his identity. He is a mixture of all the specials. He jumps and stands on your end like the skeleton, he is as tough if not tougher then the anarchist in terms of health, he drops health like the Hellspawn and he infects you like the infected one. There some performance issues also with the firebomb from the Hellspawn and the Grey Dude teleporting. There is more of course. In general it is more frustrating to play. Not fun like it used to be.

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Fri May 31, 2013 10:05 am

Oh, I also noticed that in coop I lose my points sometimes. I've only made is to the m1 carbine, but then I joined again another day to play, and I was back down to the pistols.

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Fri May 31, 2013 10:33 am

And while I'm complaining...bring back the super powered Emo, I miss being able to explode large groups of allies from really far away :-D

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:47 pm

My keyboard LEDs configured for L4DoD play.

Transit
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Transit » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:54 pm

When playing as Zombie I can't select which zombie to play as or choose spawn point.
Both of these options in menu are white and don't work...

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:49 pm

Thanks for the reminder...!

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Maybe I'm crazy, but it's seems like Kalt and Anzio are the only two maps in rotation on the IX box. What happened to the rest?

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Map cycle is
dod_argentan
dod_avalanche
dod_flash
dod_donner
dod_anzio
dod_kalt
dod_jagd_ctf1
dod_palermo

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Today it definitely was stuck on Anzio and kalt for a while. A few other players mentioned it on the mic. Seems to be back to normal now.

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:15 pm

The mish mash of COOP and VS is really frustrating at times. Can nothing be done about it? I would like to see the old style of Versus come back. I grow tired of zombies with the 12 feet reach, one shot one kill and super speed. I can't prove this but I am convinced that all zombies can teleport a little. They see you reload and what was previously a gap between you and the nearest of 12 to 15 feet is brought down to next to nothing instantly. The grey dude and his teleporting EMOs gets old quick. 2 or 3 man caps with 4 player or less is just plain silly. Tonight the allies on Palermo went from a 4 round lead to a 2 round deficit with the advent of 2 man flag caps for everything. And no matter how many times the Axis win it is always a one man flag cap for them. Please, Dog, fix this. I spend most nights since the server crash and reload leaving the game angry and agitated. I play it to relax and destress from real life. I don't get that any more.

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:55 pm

Any eta on any possible updates? Fixes for performance issues, grey dude teleporting EMOs, the infected one and a more balanced approach to low allied player count would be greatly appreciated.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:37 pm

When I get back from holidays around July 21.

sonja
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by sonja » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:51 am

:hand: hello dog lost upgrades on l4d coop

Help,on l4d coop i lost all my upgrades :cry: :cry: :cry:

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Dog, Thanks for the ETA. I appreciate the fact that you took time to respond. As frustrated as I get sometimes I had no place in making demands of you. I am sorry for that. I look forward to July 21st when you will start making changes. As you can tell I am full of opinions both good, bad and indifferent. Should you decide to seek suggestions from the community I will most likely put more than my two cents in. It is my fondest hope that you are, at the very least, able to improve game performance.

You once said that if you were to redo the game you would remove the store. I am curious as to why you would do that? What would be in its place? What happens to all the money people have accumulated? Loosing all my money it is something I would be little more the annoyed about but not much. I find myself trying to figure out ways to spend what I have. Other then an occasional shield, MG and using Forward Advance I seem to get more then I spend.

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Dog, Thanks for the ETA. I appreciate the fact that you took time to respond. As frustrated as I get sometimes I had no place in making demands of you. I am sorry for that. I look forward to July 21st when you will start making changes. As you can tell I am full of opinions both good, bad and indifferent. Should you decide to seek suggestions from the community I will most likely put more than my two cents in. It is my fondest hope that you are, at the very least, able to improve game performance.

You once said that if you were to redo the game you would remove the store. I am curious as to why you would do that? What would be in its place? What happens to all the money people have accumulated? Loosing all my money it is something I would be little more the annoyed about but not much. I find myself trying to figure out ways to spend what I have. Other then an occasional shield, MG and using Forward Advance I seem to get more then I spend.
I just give mine away, $5000 at a crack. I keep $10k, just in case I go on a shield binge. Or want to fireproof my zombie. :)

I wish you'd have been on the other night. Played the Grey Dude on Jagd, and won capping out (not by ticket expiration). Love to do it once in a while. But it's more fun when a veteran is on. :)