Forum rules
Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Re: Left4DoD

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:32 pm

Wouldn't have been much of a challenge for your Rico. At most I am an average player against humans. I get on lucky streaks now and again but you can't play forever on luck alone. I applaud your choice in zombie though. You could have easily gone UNG. At least you gave the allies a fighting chance.

Transit
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Transit » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:10 am

Hey Dog,
I have also noticed when playing as zombie now you can't pickup extra ammo boxes after killing a human. This is when playing as skeleton (sticky skulls) and Grey Dude (spawns) and I'm assuming as anarchist although I haven't played this class recently.

Have you ever considered allowing more human zombies in the playing ratio but graduating the allowable special classes? So for instance allow more humans to play as straight zombie and maybe Infected. Then as human player numbers increase (maybe over 8 or 9) allow some more to play as the more powerful classes, only allowing UNG once you get really full.
Server player limit might mean this could be difficult to get right but I think it would increase interest in the game and keep more people playing.

I actually prefer to go a weaker class of zombie sometimes and being able to choose UNG straight off the bat usually chases new players away.

Hope you had a good holiday

Kia Ora

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Players who go spectator in order to force humans off of the zombie team suck balls. It's a puss move. Happens a lot, and I thought I'd share my feelings on it.

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:23 am

FlamingBadfinger wrote:Players who go spectator in order to force humans off of the zombie team suck balls. It's a puss move. Happens a lot, and I thought I'd share my feelings on it.
I'm not a fan, either. But I do try and not play zombie much, because if I win much, it clears the server, and they don't come back.

And I don't like to lose, so I play hard, and focus on the best players. I so much prefer to play against human players that I would rather be an Allied player against a human zombie than be a human zombie and chase players off the server.

Dog once had the Skeleton as a zombie that you could only kill by melee weapons. And if you wanted to play it, you had to pay for it. I loved playing that zombie, but talk about clearing a server - I once had all the Allies bottled up at their spawn on Kalt. And all I was doing was jumping in and knifing them, then jumping back out. I think I piled up something like 80 kills before everyone else dropped.

Aardvark - I never play the UNG. Too slow, too much brute force. I like to jump and run and attack from behind. But the melee-only Skelly was the top for me - I had over $20k saved up and spent it ALL on Skeleton purchases in that very brief window of Skeleton awesomeness.

The ticket system stinks for the Allies when there is one human zombie. I can cover one flag all day - I don't care WHO is playing for the Allies. And for maps like Kalt and Donner, I think the cap radius needs to be VERY small. IOW, the zombies can't prevent caps just by walking past the tank - they need to get right up on it. Like the 2nd Allied flag on Donner - that thing has a tiny cap radius. Getting three Allies on it might be tough, but at least you have a chance.

FlamingBadfinger
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by FlamingBadfinger » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:29 am

I agree. The ticket system is a bit rough. When playing zombie I often switch to sorta half speed playing if the tickets are low.

Transit
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Transit » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:16 pm

looks like left for dod has been left for dead? Now we have purple checked skies. lost homing rockets. lost extra nades. lost money.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:54 pm

Updated broke Steam group.
Looking at it.

Purple checks is a DoDS issue, not L4DoD.

Transit
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Transit » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Steam group bonuses restored. Thanks Dog