Moderator: Site Admins

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: February 2011 MeleeMania Signups

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:28 am

Flaming Cheese Wheel wrote:Generally you should be able to do a "What you hear" recording with a program like Audacity... play the audio back on your computer while recording the signal with another program.
thanks for the advice but i cant figure this out at all. I cant figure out how to make it record the sound and not my mike feed.

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: February 2011 MeleeMania Matchups

Post by abiscuit » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:33 am

Flaming Cheese Wheel wrote:I should point out that the bracket that just came up has stujitsu on two teams at the same time.

Flaming Cheese Wheel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flaming Cheese Wheel » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:53 am

...okay, so it [the bracket] got better.

I probably need more information to help Crimson. Alternatively, you could try to find a link to whatever it is on YouTube or something...

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Flash » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:18 am

crimsonshootingstar wrote:thanks for the advice but i cant figure this out at all. I cant figure out how to make it record the sound and not my mike feed.
I can walk you through this on TeamSpeak in like 3 minutes but I doubt I'll be online much before Sunday so I'm gonna give it a try here. Hopefully it won't be too confusing. If you have trouble just look for me online and we'll get it squared away.

Go into Preferences and find Import Settings. Import Using: MP3 Encoder, select desired settings.

Find the song in iTunes, right click and Get Info. Under the Options tab adjust Start Time and End Time to cover the desired section of the song. Click OK.

Right click the song and select Create MP3 Version from the menu. This will convert the section of the song between your start and stop times specified above.

Find the new MP3 on your computer and email to TYO! :D

Once you're happy with the conversion don't forget to reset the start/stop time adjustments so you'll hear the full song when playing your music.

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:57 am

Flash wrote:
crimsonshootingstar wrote:thanks for the advice but i cant figure this out at all. I cant figure out how to make it record the sound and not my mike feed.
I can walk you through this on TeamSpeak in like 3 minutes but I doubt I'll be online much before Sunday so I'm gonna give it a try here. Hopefully it won't be too confusing. If you have trouble just look for me online and we'll get it squared away.

Go into Preferences and find Import Settings. Import Using: MP3 Encoder, select desired settings.

Find the song in iTunes, right click and Get Info. Under the Options tab adjust Start Time and End Time to cover the desired section of the song. Click OK.

Right click the song and select Create MP3 Version from the menu. This will convert the section of the song between your start and stop times specified above.

Once you're happy with the conversion don't forget to reset the start/stop time adjustments so you'll hear the full song when playing your music.

Good show flash. You have saved the day.

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

jaypeebuoy
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jaypeebuoy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Just to clarify, the events time is CST correct?

Thom Yorke Obliterator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Thom Yorke Obliterator » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:23 pm

jaypeebuoy wrote:Just to clarify, the events time is CST correct?
Indeed. So 9pm Eastern, 6pm Pacific. No one actually lives in Mountain except perhaps Sasquatch.
"After completing a trek of Kilimanjaro in 2009, Ronan Keating was asked by an interviewer which celebrity he would most like to throw off a mountain. Keating named Yorke, and referred to him as a "muppet," stating that Yorke was once rude to him." - from Wikipedia

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:37 pm

crimsonshootingstar wrote:
Flash wrote:

Good show flash. You have saved the day.
I normally just email the entire file to TYO and tell him where I want it to start. He works some sort of magic and it works out just fine at meleemania.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

Marf
Villun
Villun
Minecraft name: MasterMarf

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Marf » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Thom Yorke Obliterator wrote:No one actually lives in Mountain except perhaps Sasquatch.
Sasquatch is an old buddy of mine, abiscuit knows him, too.

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:36 pm

By the way, for anyone wanting to download the map early, here's the link:

http://pwkfisher.com/ville/meleemania_v32.bsp.bz2 (You can use 7zip to unzip the file to %PROGRAMFILES%\Steam\steamapps\<username>\team fortress 2\tf\maps)

Also, this is the first time I've had the map done early. Circle the calendar! It probably won't happen again.

Also, if anyone has crazy ideas for fun things to throw into future version of the map (A la monorail), either suggest them here or send me a message - want to start doing those again!
I am the 1%!

Thom Yorke Obliterator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Thom Yorke Obliterator » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:37 pm

Water slides
Slushee machine
Stripper pole
TARDIS (functional)
Panda exhibit
Gene Simmons
"After completing a trek of Kilimanjaro in 2009, Ronan Keating was asked by an interviewer which celebrity he would most like to throw off a mountain. Keating named Yorke, and referred to him as a "muppet," stating that Yorke was once rude to him." - from Wikipedia

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Thom Yorke Obliterator wrote:Water slides
Slushee machine
Stripper pole
TARDIS (functional)
Panda exhibit
Gene Simmons
Knowing Masakari you will get:

Water Fountain
One Slushee that everyone has to share
Festivus Pole
Dalek (functional)
A sprig of Eucalyptus
Richard Simmons
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Flaming Cheese Wheel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flaming Cheese Wheel » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:37 pm

A cube soccer room.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Have you ever thought of expanding the bracket, Biscuit?
You seems to have a lot of reserves.

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:13 pm

TheCarpe wrote:
Thom Yorke Obliterator wrote:Water slides
Slushee machine
Stripper pole
TARDIS (functional)
Panda exhibit
Gene Simmons
Knowing Masakari you will get:

Water Fountain
One Slushee that everyone has to share
Festivus Pole
Dalek (functional)
A sprig of Eucalyptus
Richard Simmons

"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar