ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

'Do Not Harass' list

Post by ADevilishPotato » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Hello Folks,

So I'm starting to get to the point where I am forgetting who wishes to be and who doesn't want to be pestered by TF2 seeding spam. As a result I am making a DNH tag list of those folks. So if you are getting tired of those pesky seeding requests shooting from my end, first off my apologies, and second, just let me know either here or when I send one your way and I will put you on that list. If you want to be spammed for server seeding and currently not being so, feel free to post/steam message me (or steam friend me) and I'll be happy to alert you to a seeding opportunity. If you are trying to contact someone about the mysterious odor emanating from Mateo, please press the # sign key and your call will be directed to the proper authorities.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Edit: Again this is NOT a place to post your feelings on this issue, just a place to post your name and if you DO NOT WANT to be spammed for seeding OR if you wish to be but are not.

Do Not Spam:
Zork Nemesis
Will T.

Do Spam:
Last edited by ADevilishPotato on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: 'Do Not Harass' list

Post by black_and_blue » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Can we pin this message? I would like to respect this list as well. I have tags on my friends list for people who have asked not to be harassed (there are currently 6 people on this list), but it's based only on people who have personally asked me not to spam them.

If we had a central list of people who have asked not to be spammed, people could request to be excluded form all invite spam with a single post.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:13 pm

I also forgot to mention that my seeding spam goes out to you only if your status is either a) online, or b) already in TF2. I do not disturb anyone who marks that they are busy or who are busy in another game.
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:15 pm

The whole invite to seed thing never sat well with me in the first place. I understand the logic, especially since 7 is in Valve's matchmaking system, but there's plenty of times where I prefer to be left alone. I try to set myself to away or busy during these times, sometimes I forget, and I've had cases (not recently mind you) where people have ignored that status to begin with. I may have a whole lot of free time (right now) and I heavily enjoy my gaming experience, but I prefer doing things at my own pace and leisure. There are also some cases where I simply cannot access the Steam overlay but hear it anyway, such as when I play Final Fantasy XI which does not properly support the overlay and crashes if I attempt to minimize it (dated technology ho!). The only reason I don't go into online mode when i'm around is because I use Steam as an IM client with a couple family members and close friends.

The other thing about "invite spam" that never sits well with me around here: we're a pretty close-knit community. There's a good chance that when invites are being sent out (and this happens to me too) that one person could potentially get invites for the same game from 3+ people. I almost never extend invites to anyone for anything (including Left 4 Dead 2) because I'm always afraid that someone has already done it. I don't like to bother people if I don't have to.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:19 pm

Zork, I already had you on my Do Not Harass list. Still, good to have that posted here because others might not have.
:D

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:20 pm

people get mad over receiving invites to join a game?

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:21 pm

I am a mummy wrote:people get mad over receiving invites to join a game?
Only when they see you on the roster.
black_and_blue wrote:Can we pin this message? I would like to respect this list as well. I have tags on my friends list for people who have asked not to be harassed (there are currently 6 people on this list), but it's based only on people who have personally asked me not to spam them.

If we had a central list of people who have asked not to be spammed, people could request to be excluded form all invite spam with a single post.
Stickied.

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Invite spam doesn't bother me at all, it's something that can be easily ignored if I'm doing something else. And if I ever don't want it, I can just go offline with the click of one button.
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:26 pm

MateoTheBold! wrote:
Only when they see you on the roster.
I like to imagine it goes a little something like this:

*steam game invite received*

"aww yiss, a seed request from black_and_bl OH WAIT mummy's playin. better not join so I spare my kdr a beating."

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:27 pm

not so much "mad" but as zork said it can become annoying at times. If you want to seed when you want to seed, and that isn't during a seed, then getting spammed by me or BnB or other folks becomes annoying, especially if it happens multiple times a day. I wanted to get a list to try and avoid this issue to the best of my ability since I know I'm one of the worst when it comes to spamming everyone to come seed.

And if it does not bother you, great. This was intended towards the people it does so that I (and now hopefully others) don't.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:57 pm

I don't mind being spammed with invites, when I'm online. But for some reason my status is hardly ever online.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:15 pm

NerevarineKing wrote:Invite spam doesn't bother me at all, it's something that can be easily ignored if I'm doing something else. And if I ever don't want it, I can just go offline with the click of one button.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:25 pm

Isnt there a Ville Seed Team group? If you want to help seed get into that group, if your not in that group perhaps then dont spam invites?

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:33 pm

It's easy to ignore invites. If you don't wany to be bothered, set your status to busy, away, or offline. Seems weird that people would be upset about it.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:34 pm

John Doe wrote:Isnt there a Ville Seed Team group? If you want to help seed get into that group, if your not in that group perhaps then dont spam invites?
The group really needs updated, or deleted and a new one started. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thevilleseedteam