One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Villun Creativity: New Weapon Ideas

Post by One_Medic_Army » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:52 pm

Now that is an interesting uber effect: weapon fires from reserve ammo.
I can just see a soldier/medic pair launching a rocket-jump assault, bouncing over the top of the enemy team raining rockets onto them.
ImageImage
VIEW CONTENT:

CoyoteCreed
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by CoyoteCreed » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:46 pm

Exactly; it just seems in keeping with the theme of that medigun, taking advantage of its basic benefits. On consideration, though, I think I prefer 'target's weapon may fire from reserve ammo if clip is empty' to what I wrote before. Forcing a reload after the ubercharge is probably more balanced. It also strikes me that a FaN scout might be a pretty crazy target with these effects given the knockback and lightning-quick cooldown.
Banner by some other Villun

Warpath Cup '12 | Inner Children Unleashed | Champions
Villympics '12 | ACME Villympic Team (Captain) | Champions
VC '12 | Solis Tanquam
D<3W '13 | SOBAD
VC '13 | Ville Cuppin' Cakes (Captain)
VC '14 | Carpetbaggers | Champions

eVa

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by One_Medic_Army » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:58 am

Yeah, but it won't be as bad as a kritz widowmaker, and the scout will have to be careful not to get out of the shortened medigun range.
ImageImage
VIEW CONTENT:

The Spanish Inquisition
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Spanish Inquisition » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:26 am

A medigun where the secondary fire drains enemy health to build uber at twice rate. Uber is automatically deployed when it hits 100%.
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Supreveio » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Joke weapon brought to you by Supreveio, with ideas from the Steam Forum

SPUF's Ideal Incinerator
Level -1 Flame Thrower
-50% airblast cost
-90% damage penalty
-100% burn damage penalty
-25 health on wearer
-10% slower movement speed on wearer

Because God forbid a Pyro kill someone with fire without being called W+M1 or noob or something stupid
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Supreveio wrote:
Because God forbid a Pyro kill someone with fire without being called W+M1 or noob or something stupid
No one told me this, seems like I have problems with pyros who don't kill with fire.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Earthworm James
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Earthworm James » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Duel wield mini crossbows for sniper.

Nightstick for spy - stuns when u hit someones back, goes with a pistol that deals crits to stunned players.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Supreveio » Tue May 08, 2012 6:31 pm

An interesting idea I saw on SPUF of all places:

The Shaolin Scorcher
Level 10 Shotgun
On hit: Halves the time afterburn takes to deal its full potential damage
+15% burn damage on wearer

-30% clip size

Afterburn Duration per Hit:
0 Hits: 10 Seconds
1 Hit: 5 Seconds
2 Hits: 2.5 Seconds
3 Hits: 1.25 Seconds
4 Hits: 0.625 Seconds

Afterburn Damage Inflicted in Total:
Degreaser: 46
Everything Else: 69

Not my idea, but I like it.
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Tue May 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Scout's Foam Fingers (the #1 things)
15% less damage
20% faster firing rate
Own taunt kill?
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue May 22, 2012 9:04 pm

The Law of the Land
Level xx rifle (Sniper Rifle replacement)
Shots ricochet off surfaces once
Ricochet shots cannot Headshot
-The rifle's idea is trickshots, you'd be able to bounce bullets around corners and potentially hit people or buildings hiding behind them.
-No fluke headshots around corners however. That said you can still headshot with normal shots.
-No scoped shots would not get this benefit.
-As a safeguard, it would be impossible to hit yourself with ricochets, in the event that you would fire down range and result in this happening.
Fires tracer bullets
-To visibly note the ricochets, the bullets would sport tracers, similar to the Machina, but ones that would be much harder to spot unless you were specifically looking for them.
Rifle does not zoom
-For the weapon's downside, you won't have a sniper scope. Instead you'd have to use ironsights. This significantly reduces the weapons maximum effective range as a result, similar to the Ambassador.
-Alt-fire won't zoom, but will still perform standard sniper rifle functions, including charging damage and reducing your movement speed.
-As a bit of a double-edge sword, not zooming increases your periphral vision, giving you a better look at what's going on around you while you're aiming.
-As another added benefit of not having a scope, there would also be no laser pointer giving you away.

Added after the fact
The Lawbringer
Level xx Revolver (as an Engineer secondary however)
+15% damage
-The weapon has fewer shots, similar to the Winger, so it's only natural the shots would be a little more effective.
Shots ricochet off surfaces once
-Follows the same rules for ricochets as the above rifle, however this weapon does not require scoping in to do so.
-The bullet particle trails you normally see with any bullet weapon will be visible for all shots and you should be able to see them bounce as a result.
-Inspired by the Single Action Army of Metal Gear Solid 3.
-20% firing rate
-Fewer shots at higher damage, plus a revolver and a semi-automatic pistol naturally have different firing rates to begin with.
-50% magazine size
-Only six shots, more than enough to kill a man.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Supreveio » Wed May 30, 2012 8:23 am

Reversed Weapon Stats!

The Indirect Miss
+70% explosion radius
-25% damage penalty
-80% projectile speed

The Atom Smasher
30% faster firing speed
+20% damage vs. players

No double jump

The Small Loser
+25 max health on wearer
-30% cloak on kill

The Back Blaster
-150% airblast cost
-10% damage penalty
Cannot be crit boosted

The Scratch Backer
+75% health from healers on wearer
-50% health from health packs on wearer
-25% damage penalty

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:36 pm

I've been re-thinking some of my older weapon ideas, a couple of which I believe I've posted already a while ago.

The Beer-Batterer
Level 5 Grenade Launcher

+50% ammo loaded
+50% splash radius
Projectiles explode on impact
Enemies caught within splash radius become drunk for 6 seconds
- Drunkenness causes a player's crosshair to bob around slightly and causes the player to stumble left and right, making aiming difficult.
-75% damage penalty
25% slower firing speed

The concept: a grenade launcher which trades damage for a new status effect, playing into the Demoman's alcoholic personality. What little damage it does is probably from the shrapnel from the beer cans it fires.

The Screamin' Eagle
Level 1 Rocket Launcher

+25% rocket jump distance
-35% self damage
+50% projectile speed
Shots fired while rocket-jumping have a 50% chance to deal mini-crits
-30% damage penalty
20% slower reload speed
10% chance to set user on fire when rocket-jumping

The concept: a rocket launcher which encourages and enhances rocket-jumping at the expense of some of its raw firepower and a longer reload time. Like any good Mann Co. product, it has a slim chance of setting you on fire while using it.

I don't think I posted this one yet:

The Russian Roulette
Level 10 Shotgun

50% faster reload speed
One out of 6 shots: 40% damage bonus
Other 5 shots: -40% damage penalty
Cannot reload until clip is empty

The concept: based on a Steam workshop submission I once saw, which was basically a revolver-turned-shotgun for the Heavy. My idea based on the name and design is that one random shot in the clip will deal a significant amount of extra damage, while the other 5 shots will be significantly weaker than the normal shotgun. To prevent someone from firing until they hit the "lucky shot" then madly reloading, the gun also prevents the user from reloading until they've used up all 6 shots. It gets reloaded all at once though rather than one shell at a time, so reload time is significantly reduced.

Another one I've come up with just now:

The Double Agent
Level 5 Invis Watch

While disguised as an enemy:
Damage from enemies reduced by 35%
Don't flinch when shot by enemies
Take 15% damage from allies

The concept: I honestly made this one up on the spot just now. :P Basically it's a Spy watch that allows him to blend in better and survive longer while disguised as an enemy, but he'll be slightly vulnerable to friendly fire at the same time. I think that as a secondary effect, he'd still be invulnerable to friendly afterburn, although he'll take damage while in the flamethrower's path.

Although not a specific weapon idea, I've had this in mind for a short time: BROKEN-quality weapons. These would be "defective" variations on the stock weapons which have some of their abilities boosted at the cost of others. This would give us things like Broken Shotgun, Broken Medi Gun, Broken Flamethrower, etc. Some examples:

Broken Shotgun
Level 1 Shotgun

20% faster firing speed
50% wider bullet spread

The gun fires faster, but is far less accurate.

Broken Medi Gun
Level 5 Medi Gun

50% faster Ubercharge charge rate
-50% heal rate
-25% Ubercharge duration

The basic Medigun gets the ability to build Uber twice as fast, but heals at half the rate. The Uber only lasts for 6 seconds.

Broken Flamethrower
Level 1 Flamethrower

Leave behind a short trail of burning fuel
Enemies who walk through your trail will take damage
While firing: 10 health per second drained on wearer

This was originally my idea for its own weapon, called "The Leaky Lighter", inspired by the Prophunt flamethrower. I kind of like it better as a damaged version of the basic flame thrower. It's leaking burning fuel out the back, which damages enemies who walk over it. Unfortunately, the leak also means that the Pyro holding it will take damage while pulling the trigger, as it jets fire back into him while shooting it out the front.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Necro'd!

I recently found a Word document I thought I'd lost that contained my notes on some Engineer weapon ideas from around a year before the Engineer Update. I've altered them a little and present them here.

The Glue Gun
Level XX Pistol

Fires an arcing projectile
On hit: slow target for 1.8 seconds
Mini-crits on burning targets
+100% damage bonus
-90% clip size
-85% ammo carried

The concept: a Flare Gun-like weapon which fires bolts of hot glue as projectiles. Like the flare gun, it only loads one at a time and keeps 16 in reserve. It would have a slower projectile speed and much shorter range than the flare gun.

The Sap-Stopper
Level XX Anti-Sapper Device
(Replaces Shotgun)

Place on a building to make it impossible to sap
Cannot haul buildings with device attached
Only 1 can be placed at a time by the user
Device breaks after taking 40 damage or one hit from a Spy's knife
Only protects one end of a teleporter pair

The concept: This device would allow the Engineer to make one of his buildings Spy-proof at the cost of having no primary weapon. While the Spy can remove the device with one swing of his knife, he will have to act fast if there is a sentry nearby as he loses his disguise while removing the device. The device is fairly weak so it will not survive an Uber attack on an Engie nest. Engie can move the Sap-Stopper around between buildings much as he likes, but he only gets one per life, and only receives a new one upon spawning if he does not have one already deployed. He must respawn or use a resupply cabinet to get a new one after it breaks.

The Detonator (I came up with this old name long before the actual Detonator was added to the game; haven't thought of a new name yet)
Level XX PDA
(Replaces Destroy PDA)

Buildings explode when destroyed
All buildings: -35% max health
Cannot detonate buildings which are being sapped
No metal is dropped by destroyed buildings
50% self damage from explosions

The concept: a more volatile Destroy PDA that weaponizes Engie's passive buildings and makes a Sentry even more dangerous. Any time a building is destroyed, regardless of whether it be by enemy fire, sapping, or Engie with this PDA, it creates a stickybomb-like explosion which deals damage and knockback to enemies. The downside is that all buildings have 2/3 health, making this a risky trade-off. Buildings also do not drop any metal when they explode and will damage the Engineer if he is too close, so unless you have a dispenser you can huddle next to, it can be very hard to use this as a trap-building device.

I also think this one could work as a wrench replacement.

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Drop Dead Stickies: Sticky Bombs that explode, harmfully, upon the death of the demo that put them there.

It's All That: The ability for any class to pickup any other classes' weapons found on the field and use them.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Supreveio » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:58 pm

A bleed-related Medic pack.

The Bloodletter Bolt
Level 1 Crossbow
Fires special bolts that cause bleeding
Bleed duration is based on distance traveled

No headshots
-75% max primary ammo on wearer

The Sanguinary Saw
Level 1 Bonesaw
On hit: Bleed for 5 seconds
Bleed damage dealt increases UberCharge

25% shorter UberCharge on wearer's Medi Guns

Concept: Two Medic weapons that work together. With the saw equipped, any bleed damage dealt is converted into UberCharge. 4 damage per tick for 5 seconds is 40 UberCharge gained per hit.
In exchange, you give up two seconds of UberCharge. While this may seem crazy and stupid, remember that it is possible to have an enemy bleeding while UberCharged (which would increase your duration slightly).
The Crossbow works like the pre-buff Crusader's Crossbow, but with bleed in addition to hit damage. Unlike the Crusader's Crossbow, the Bloodletter Bolt would not heal allies on hit (not directly anyway, I've thought about it having a "reverse bleed" regen effect on hitting an ally)

And two makeshift Spy weapons:

The Makeshift Muffler
Level 1 Silenced Revolver
Silent Killer: No attack noise from gunshots
Damage does not display hit markers to victim

-20% damage penalty

Concept: A silenced gun for the Spy. You do less damage, but stay relatively hidden while shooting enemies unaware of your presence.

The Toothprick
Level 1 Makeshift Knife
On backstab: 6 seconds of 100% critical chance
Knife breaks on backstab, regenerates after 10 seconds

Concept: Sort of like the KGB for the Heavy, but it forces you to use your crits with your revolver of choice. I figure it could be used to pick off one key target, then you use your crits to discourage enemies from chasing you.

@Will T.: The Engineer Detonator sounds like a mechanic in QTF/TFC. Dispensers in those games could be used by either team, but if an an enemy used your Dispenser, it would give you an alert that they were doing so. Destroying your own Dispenser would cause an explosion that hurt nearby enemies, with the damage dealt being based on how much ammo was loaded into it at the time of detonation.