John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: TheVille Haunted Server

Post by John Doe » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:09 pm

bz wrote:
Flash wrote: And annoyingly, despite completing my "Candy Coroner" achievement tonight I didn't receive a Mildly Disturbing Halloween Mask. I wonder if that was only for those who completed it last year?
That seems to be the case. There is a thread on the steam forum concerning the issue... no one has yet to receive the mildly disturbing mask so far. Whether this is intended or simply an oversight... who knows. :icon_no:

This new update fixes this.....

Fixed the Candy Coroner achievement not awarding the Mildly Disturbing Halloween Mask

And the rest of the update to the update that fixed the update.

Posts in "All News" channel about:
Team Fortress 2
Show posts for all products, not just Team Fortress 2
FULL STORIES HEADLINES
16:55Team Fortress 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Engine (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Fixed a dedicated server crash when HLTV disconnects
Fixed a crash in the materialsystem

Team Fortress 2
Fixed a bug with the Horseless Headless Horsemann falling through playerclip ladders
Fixed a bug with grenades sometimes exploding on friendly players
Fixed the Sticky Jumper doing damage to enemies
Fixed spectators collecting the Haunted Halloween Gift in Mann Manor
Fixed trading the Saxton Hale Mask granting the achievement to the recipient
Fixed the Candy Coroner achievement not awarding the Mildly Disturbing Halloween Mask
Updated Mann Manor
Improved clipping to prevent players from getting out of the map and to fix various exploit ledges
Updated the Ghastlier Gibus to be tradable
Updated the localization files

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:39 am

Sorry Mr. Horsemann, if that is your real name, but when it comes to axes? They're kind of my thing. Let me show you...

Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:30 am

nice carpe :lol:

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:44 am

I'm disappointed by the video carpe. When I got the melee achievement, I managed to clang the horsemen to death without backing out (alright he was low on health but still). I expected you to completely axe him to death instead of hitting him once and backing out.

yes this sort of is a challenge

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:51 am

You're no fun :D

When I got my Gored! achievement, I got it by standing next to him by point one and wailing on him with my frying pan a good 8-10 times while he slaughtered everyone around me. That, however, I was not recording. The point of the video is showing that the killing blow was landed by my axe, thus giving the (obviously false but still amusing) impression that weapons are useless against him, but all it took was one critical chop from my axe to make him crumble.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:59 am

TheCarpe wrote:You're no fun :D

When I got my Gored! achievement, I got it by standing next to him by point one and wailing on him with my frying pan a good 8-10 times while he slaughtered everyone around me. That, however, I was not recording. The point of the video is showing that the killing blow was landed by my axe, thus giving the (obviously false but still amusing) impression that weapons are useless against him, but all it took was one critical chop from my axe to make him crumble.
Your no fun!

My challenge is to completely kill him by axe!

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:03 am

when i got the achievement I was plying heavy and mowing him down with my mini gun. He cut me in half and i figure i would try to melee him and switched to pyro. I came out and pulled out my melee weapon witch turned out to be the homewrecker as i had been playing pybro the night before. So i figured what the hey charge. I landed about 3-5 hits and brought him down. The moral of this story is the axe is all well and good but when demolition is required its hammer time!

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:04 am

Guardian wrote:
TheCarpe wrote:You're no fun :D

Your no fun!

My challenge is to completely kill him by axe!
That's not possible, though, unless I get like 5 Medic's to uber me in a row :lol:

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:06 am

You should see if you can do that on the shennanigans night. I, sadly, won't be able to be there, but get a team of medics wearing the pumpkin heads to do an octopus on you, pin him in the corner, and chop away. The first point spawn is the easiest to trap him on using that method - he has difficulty escaping when a couple ubered people are pressed up against him.
-Boss Llama

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:21 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:You should see if you can do that on the shennanigans night. I, sadly, won't be able to be there, but get a team of medics wearing the pumpkin heads to do an octopus on you, pin him in the corner, and chop away. The first point spawn is the easiest to trap him on using that method - he has difficulty escaping when a couple ubered people are pressed up against him.

Me likey !!!

Flobee
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flobee » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:34 am

In his absence, Batman has given me the keys to his Steam account and has asked me to get him the halloween items for him (specifically the pumpkin head and the unusual metal). I was able to obtain the pumpkin head, but I'm gonna need some assistance in getting him that dang Gored achievement for the metal some time before the event ends!
where doing this man.
where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:35 am

I have a couple extra masks hanging around. If Batmang requires those, just let me know.
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:09 pm

flobee, there are servers with godmode on and everyone just melees him to death for the achievement.

Rockn-Roll
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rockn-Roll » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:09 am

I think the easiest way to get the achievement is to hang around and watch the horseman from a safe distance until at some point he looks like he's having a heart attack...that's an indication that he's down to 1,000 health or something like that. The next time he starts to have a heart attack he will be dying and will go through an animation that takes like 3 seconds and then explode...if you can get in there and melee him before he explodes then you can get the achievement...that's how I got it...just watch from a safe distance until you see him have a heart attack...then move in closer with melee weapon ready.

The hardest thing about the horseman is that he moves so fast and changes direction constantly which makes it hard to hit him with anything, and he has so much health he has time to rove all over the map chasing victims. He starts out with 7800 health on a full 24-person server...or 5000 on a server with just 10 players. As soon as he starts to spawn lay down 8 crit stickies and blow them just when he spawns...that will take a huge chunk out of his health...if you get the stickie spread right you will do upto 353 * 8 =2824 damage...which means just 2176 health remaining on a 10 player server or about 33 melee hits...which is a lot less than the 78 hits it would require without the initial damage. This means that the horseman is more likely to stay in that general area and makes it easier to watch for signs that he's on his way to die and be nearby to get in those last few melee hits. It does require teamwork though...a crit medic needs to have the charge ready to go. One position that makes it convenient is from the top area opposite point A which overlooks the point (it's also where the gift can spawn)...as soon as you see the horseman start to spawn release the crit-uber and lay down those stickies...you may need to jump down to finish the last stickies before he finishes spawning. Then try to stay as close as possible with your melee weapon ready.

Edit: I've been watching the servers most of the day. And, nobody has been on the Haunted server when koth_harvest_event has been running, but when it switched to cp_manor_event it did start to collect players. Interestingly enough when koth_harvest_event rotates through on the King of the Hill server it actually keeps players on it. So, I think whoever mentioned it (it's late and I'm too lazy right now to read back through to see who said it) was right...everyone wants to play Mann Manor.
Let's Rock!

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Interesting. We get to fight a Beholder wannabe.

Btw, new comic is up.